If your looking for a super delicious keto low carb friendly meal that even your kids will love, then this is the dish! For more delicious recipes SUBSCRIBE TO our YOUTUBE Channel!
Here is the recipe:
8 Beef hot dogs sliced longways down the middle
1 lb Ground beef
1 Bell pepper, large
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Tomato paste
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp Celery salt
2 tsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar or sugar substitute
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 cup Cheddar or cheddar blend cheese
1 cup Water
about 3/4 of a large onion, diced (use more if you like sauteed onion)
- Combine the ground beef, 2/3 of the chopped onions, peppers and garlic in large frying pan and saute until ground beef is browned. Drain fat.
- Add spices, Worcestershire, sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water to the pan. stir to combine and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Optional step, but totally makes it just like real hot dog chili: Using a food processor or immersion blender, process the chili until the beef is in very small pieces.
- Lay hot dogs flat on the bottom of a 7 x 9 casserole dish. Cover with chili. (you should have enough to reserve a bit for those that are eating regular hot dogs and want chili.) Spread 1 cup of cheese over chili and top with remaining onion.
- Bake at 400 F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Here are the Nutritional Numbers for 1 serving (makes 10)
Total Fat: 34g
Carbohydrates: 6g – 1 g Fiber = 5 NET CARBS
Dietary Fiber: 1g
*We used Oscar Meyer Beef Hot Dogs because they were less than 1 carb per hot dog.