This week we bring you a delicious recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce. This is a deliciously very rich and decadent, restaurant quality keto recipe. We modified the recipe slightly to meet our needs (* the star denotes our modifications). These turned out absolutely fantastic they were truly restaurant quality! Sarah and I use to go to BJs Restaurant a lot and they had a similar dish that Sarah use to love. Our version of the recipe is below.
We found the original recipe over at www.KetoInPearls.com, please free to check out her site.
If you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
- 1 lbs of chicken breast (3 breast)
- TIP: To Reduce protein level use *Chicken Thighs, they have less protein than Chicken Breast and more fat.
- *4 TB of Full Fat Mayonnaise
- *6 oz of Parmesan Cheese
- *6 Slices of Bacon Fried and Crumbled or *1/2 Cup of Bacon Crumbles
- Reserve the Bacon Grease
- *1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- *2 TB of softened Cream Cheese
- Garlic Powder to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
* this denotes our modifications to the original recipe.
Before you make you Chicken Breast we suggest that you cook your bacon slices. You need either 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled). Or if using the bacon crumbles use 1/2 of cup. After you make your bacon save the bacon grease, you will need it for your sauce.
Preparing the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- *Slice Breast vertically to make two pieces (this made 6 servings)
- Place breast between wax paper and *flatten using a meet mallet or heavy pan (we flattened these in order to cook them faster).
- Using a basting brush or knife spread mayo evenly on top of chicken breast, cover each breast with Parmesan cheese and place each piece on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 30 -40 minutes (until internal temperature is 160 degrees)
How to Make the Sauce
- When chicken has approximately 10 minutes left in oven begin making your sauce.
- Using a skillet warm up the reserved bacon grease over medium low heat, whisk in the heavy cream until well combined. Continuing Whisking until mixing begins to foam up on the edge of the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth, additional Parmesan may be added if desired, whisk until smooth.
- Toss in the crumbled bacon and serve.
MACROS AS ESTIMATED BY MYFITNESS PAL
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 380
- Carbs: 1 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Protein: 25 g
*MACROS ARE ESTIMATED PER DATA AVAILABLE, SERVING SIZES MAY VARY*
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING THE KETO DIET, AND FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE INFORMATION OUT THERE!?
Some of the best information on starting the Keto Diet can be found at a site called Ruled.me. This site has lots of free information, but if you want a step by step plan I would suggest the Keto Academy Package. This is what I purchased and I still reference the material 18 months later.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.