Servings 10 people
- 2 ½ pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper large bell, diced. I prefer red, yellow or orange
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 3 Tbs chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs ketchup No Sugar Added
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 can black soybean optional
Combine the ground beef, onions, peppers and garlic in soup pot or Dutch oven and sauté until ground beef is browned. Drain fat.
Add spices, Worcestershire, ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water to pot. Stir to combine and simmer for 30 minutes.
Using a potato masher, mash chili in pot. This gives the chili a nice thick consistency instead of a soupy chili. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
Rinse and drain soybeans. Add to chili and simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream or other preferred toppings.
Net Carbs per serving: 9 grams
Total Carbs: 13 grams
*This is calculated with a can of the black soybeans which are optional.
*All nutrition information is approximate. Please read and use your own labels for more precise information. We provide these recipes to give you options for food choices on a Keto or Low Carb diet, it is YOUR responsibility to manage your individual daily macros.
• I used a chop wizard on the onion and pepper. I love it because it is fast, but even more so because it everything exactly the same size which lends itself to the texture of the chili.
• I constantly adjusted the seasoning to MY tastes but these were my original ratios.
• I’ve found that 80/20 beef is my preference for this recipe.
• While it was good day of, it seemed to mellow and improve on the 2nd day.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 850mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1401IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5mg