One of my favorite keto snacks is roasted and salted pecans, I absolutely love, love, love them in fact if I’m not careful I can eat a whole can — and I have before. However, one of the problem with most store bought roasted pecans is the type of oil they are cooked in, most are cooked in soybean or canola oil, which is bad for you Keto or no keto. We recently came across this simple butter roasted pecan recipe and thought we’d pass this along.
The key with roasting these is to watch them and ensure they are not getting too brown, because it seems like each batch of raw pecans is different. We’ve also experimented with adding salt, cinnamon and dusting with artificial sweetener…so far the sweet version I like the best is a combination of Stevia and Monk fruit, you can get this blend from starbucks, I think they are like 1 carb per packet, and I’ve only ever used this on a small amount of nuts.
We also find that these nuts taste better if you microwave them for a few seconds after you bake them and they’ve gotten cold.
Give them a try!
UPDATED!!! THIS RECIPE IS NOW BEEN MODIFIED AND IS DIFFERENT THAN THE YOUTUBE VIDEO!!!
1 lb. pecan halves (3 cups)
2 TB. salted butter
1 tsp. salt or to taste
Additional herbs/spices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 305 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pecan halves on a half sheet pan or cookie sheet, being sure to spread evenly on the pan.
- Heat and melt your 2 Tablespoons of butter and drizzle it over all of your spread out pecans.
- After drizzling the butter over the nuts stir them around to get them all evenly coated.
- Spread the nuts out again into a single layer
- Preheat your oven at 305 degrees with your oven rack in the center.
- Bake for 15 minutes on first side
- After 15 minutes take your nuts out and stir them, salt them and flatten them again, salt to taste.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, watching them carefully to make sure they do not get over brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
Alternate Recipe: You can add cinnamon, other other types of sweeteners, or other seasonings.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING THE KETO DIET, AND FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE INFORMATION OUT THERE!?
Some of the best information on starting the Keto Diet can be found at a site called Ruled.me. This site has lots of free information, but if you want a step by step plan I would suggest the Keto Academy Package. This is what I purchased and I still reference the material 18 months later.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.