Are you curious about delicata squash?
if you’ve never prepared a winter squash in your life, no worries! We’re talking all about how to roast delicata squash in this post.
I find the flavor of delicata squash to be extremely pleasing! It is very sweet and buttery in flavor and is nice and creamy in texture. To me, it tastes even sweeter than acorn squash and butternut squash and has a similar sweetness to kabocha squash. Best of all it’s low carb. Let’s get roasting….
Roasted Delicata Squash
- 2 delicata squashes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 TB avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to the tips and tails off the squash.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and innards with a spoon.
- Drizzle squash with avocado oil, and spread it all over the exposed flesh. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place squash cut-side down on a large baking sheet. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is very soft with poked with a fork.