This weeks recipe is Keto Taquitos, this is a easy to make Keto and Low Carb dish full of mexican flavors. Who says you can’t lose weight and still have delicious food. This Keto Taquitos recipe is sure to hit the spot if you are craving mexican flavors. We hope you enjoy it!
Like tacos, only neater to eat.
These Spicy Beef Taquitos (also called Flautas)are the perfect handheld snack for a football viewing party, Taco Tuesday dinner with the family, or food for any fiesta or casual day at home, really. They are super easy to put together, totally crave-worthy and packed with spicy, beefy, cheesy goodness. I really recommend taking a minute to mix your own taco seasoning. It’s spicier and so, so flavorful. We have a recipe here on our blog. Its easy to see why taquitos are often such a popular freezer food option.
Beef Taquitos are our go-to meal when we have leftover taco meat which we do quite often. I always make a giant roast dinner in my slow cooker, and we always have tons of leftovers, so shredded beef or pork would be awesome here too! These quick and easy taquitos make the very best lunch or after school snack. If you don’t have roast leftovers, don’t worry! You can make these with any kind of filling, even seafood! Tender, juicy beef with cheddar cheese and wrapped in a crispy cheese tortilla. Such a delicious way to breathe new life into leftovers. Now you are halfway to eating some taquitos without visiting your amigos at the Mexican restaurant (or food truck)down the street.
The name of these crispy rolled tacos (“Flautas”) is given to them because of their resemblance of a “flute”, and because you hold them with your fingers to eat them. In some parts of Mexico, these tacos are made using thin long oval-shaped corn tortillas and deep fried in lard. Limiting carbs our this lifestyle, using cheese is a simple substitute. CJ and I enjoy folio’s cheese tortillas for making wraps, and this is a similar idea.
Keto diet is one of the best diets for your creativity because you can create a keto-friendly version of almost every dish.
A few tips on preparation:
- We used cheddar because we had the most of it on hand, but use any cheese your family enjoys.
- I find that finer meat, or shredded does well in this recipe. I ground my beef finely in my mini food processor.
- Parchment paper is ESSENTIAL for this. You really can’t skip it. Because you’re working with melted cheese, it really is a requirement.
- Having two sheet pans is great for rotation in making multiple batches.
- Be patient and let the cheese cool sufficiently before rolling.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
Well we’ve made two versions of this recipe using both chicken (thighs) and beef. We finely ground our meeting by using our mini food processor. Both versions were delicious but I really preferred the beef flavor. These Taquitos actually seemed to taste better the second day, seems like the flavors must of melded together or something. Since I’m there filming every recipe that we do when I say during my taste test that it looked easy, that’s because it does. This isn’t a very complex recipe, nor does it have a lot of complicated steps. You could whip these up fairly quickly and it would something the entire family would enjoy. At any rate this is a easy, and versatile recipe. Some of you are very skilled cooks, if you make another version let us see it over on Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
- 1 green spring onion chopped
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef or Chicken, Shredded and cooked
- 1.5 tbs taco seasoning Homemade
- 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups shredded cheddar
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until slightly soft, 3 minutes. Add cooked ground meat(I chopped mine finely in the food processor) and taco seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add enchilada sauce, heat slightly and set aside.
- Make taquito shells: In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses. Divide mixture into twelve 3 ½" piles on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melty and slightly golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool 2 to 4 minutes, then peel shells off parchment. Add a small pile of meat to each and roll tightly. Repeat until all taquitos are made.
- Garnish with more sauce if desired and serve with sour cream, for dipping.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.