These easy breakfast enchiladas are SO GOOD! They are filled with sausage, eggs, peppers and onion and then covered with savory green sauce. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
These are a terrific way to kick start your day. Great for a special breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
I am a huge fan of yummy foods for breakfast! If you are too then you should definitely try these easy enchiladas.
Because these are so easy to make you can totally change them up! Switch up the meats, veggies, and cheeses for any kind you love. They should be on your breakfast rotation all the time!
Let’s talk ingredients…
- sausage: I used regular, but turkey or chicken sausage would be great as well. Even chorizo!
• Peppers and onions: I used a combo of colors and they really make the flavors sing!
• Eggs: The eggs get scrambled and mixed in and are so delicious!
• Mexican cheese: You can use Monterey Jack cheese if you have that instead!
• Low carb tortillas: You can find so many wonderful options at the store now, pick your favorite!
• Heavy cream: This is what makes the sauce soo creamy!
• Salsa verde: You can also use a can of green enchilada sauce if you prefer. I love my chilies!
• Cilantro: This is optional! Just omit if you don’t care for it..
• Avocado, diced tomatoes, green onion, cilantro: These are a few ideas that you can put on top! Sour cream would also be scrumptious here.
Make ahead instructions:
It’s super easy to make these breakfast enchiladas ahead of time!
Just follow the recipe but before you bake it (and WITHOUT the sauce), put it in a sealed, airtight container and put them in the fridge.
When you are ready to cook them, mix up the enchilada sauce and put it on.
Bake it according to the directions and it’s ready in no time!
You have a delicious breakfast that is ready to eat in less than 25 minutes. This would be ideal for guests during the upcoming holiday season!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our keto family!
Low Carb Breakfast Enchiladas
- 1 lb sausage regular; cooked
- 1/4 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 green pepper chopped
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp sazon seasoning optional
- 1 tsp cumin powder optional
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese divided; or cheese of choice
- 8 low carb tortillas any brand
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped; optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage until browned. Add chopped onion and peppers. Saute until softened. Remove and set aside. Reserve drippings.
- Blend or beat eggs and seasonings. Cook eggs in reserved skillet. Add eggs and sausage veggies mix together.
- Mix together salsa and cream. Pour 1/4 of sauce into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Load tortillas evenly with meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese and cilantro(optional). Roll and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over rolled enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese and cilantro over enchiladas.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, broiling if desired for browning. Let sit 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with sour cream or avocado if desired.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.