I love the flavors of fall. Cinnamon, spices, pumpkins, apples….they’re all so good!
But there’s something extra good about apples this time of year!
For this mug cake, I took the flavors from a fall favorite, fresh picked harvest apples.
If you’ve tried my other mug cakes then you know what you’re in for.
Moist, fluffy, and the best kinda dessert ever!
During apple season, I figured I’d come up with an apple-flavored one. Don’t be alarmed low carbers, this cake only has a small amount of apple!
Craving a sweet treat but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? Use pantry ingredients and this easy microwave dessert recipe to make a perfect portion of apple mug cake.
These easy microwave desserts are perfect for when you want something sweet in the evening, but you THINK you don’t have any dessert on hand.
They’re also great for when one family member wants dessert and the rest don’t.
Or if you’re single or home alone. It’s really the perfect way to make cake for one person, two people OR even more people.
I was so happy with how it turned out! I highly suggest making homemade whipped cream for the top, it really makes it perfect.
If you have some low carb vanilla ice cream on hand, that would be yummy too. I made my own sugar free vanilla bean ice cream.
A FEW THOUGHTS:
- Make sure your mug is microwave-safe! This is vital, you do not want to have a mug explode or break!
- Ramekins are the perfect size to make a mug cake in too.
- Don’t be afraid of the bit of apple, it’s very little carbs, and they add fiber, flavor and moisture.
- start with a shorter cook time then you think you need. An undercooked mug cake is easily fixed, overcooked, not so much. Lol.
- mug cake benefit from something saucy—nut butter, caramel sauce, frosting or chocolate sauce—to give it a moist, rich texture and pack in more flavor.
- Don’t overfill the mug or that cake will explode over the vessel’s sides, leaving you with a big mess.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP:
Eat within a few minutes. Unlike a typical cake, which is usually cooled completely before slicing or icing, steamed cake batter should be dug into soon after cooking.
After even 10 minutes, the texture begins to harden and that soft, gooey cake becomes more like a dense brick.
If you’re looking for a great topping idea, the choczero caramel syrup would be idea here!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TRYING CHOCZERO PRODUCTS? HERE IS A DISCOUNT CODE: GET 10% OFF OF CHOCZERO PRODUCTS BY USING OUR DISCOUNT LINK: https://bit.ly/3h1UFoE USE THE CODE: cjsketokitchen
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Low Carb Harvest Apple Mug Cake
- 2 TB butter melted
- 2 TB brown natural sweetener
- 1 TB heavy cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup granny Smith apple grated
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple extract
- 1 tsp mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp natural sweetener garnish; optional
- 1 tsp cinnmon garnish; optional
- Grease two 10 oz. ramekins, or small microwave safe mugs.
- Combine wet ingredients and spices. Whisking until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir well scraping the bottom of your mixing bowl.
- Fill two greased ramekins or mugs evenly.
- Microwave according to wattage. 1100 watt about 1 minute. 900 watt 1 minute 30 seconds, or until just set.
- Unmold onto place if desired and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and natural sweetener. May be served with sugar free ice cream, or whipped cream.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.