Crust: (Sarah’s Simple Crust)
- 1 1/2 Almond Flour (Blanched)
- 6 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Large eggs
- 10 Tbsp Erythritol
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 10 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp of rum extract
- 1 1/2 Cups – Chopped Pecans
- Melt your butter in the microwave
- Combine your butter with your almond flour in a bowl.
- This will form your dough for the pie crust.
- In a 8 inch or 9 inch pie pan begin to press the dough into the pie pan to form your crust – be sure to press it evenly and up along the sides of the pan as well.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Bake your pie crust for 10-12 minutes (be careful you are only trying to get the crust to set up (firm up) you are not trying to fully bake your crust.
- Once your crust is “set” just set it aside and begin preparing your filling.
- Add all of your ingredients except your pecans into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Layer the bottom of the crust with 1 1/2 cups of roughly chopped pecans.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture over the pecans.
- Place the pie in a preheated 350 degree oven and let bake for 50 minutes.
- TIP: It’s best to use chopped pecans versus whole pecans; the whole pecans seem to burn easier.
- TIP: Watch your pie, if the crust seems to be getting too brown wrap some foil around the edge.
- TIP: Your pie should not be overly “jiggle” when you take it out of the oven, if it shakes a lot, cover with foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until set.