Here is a delicious and simple to make Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole, this is sure to be a family favorite. The recipe was inspired by the folks at Ibreathimhungry.com, please check out her blog she has some awesome recipes.
- 24 oz frozen cauliflower florets (*we used the two 12 Oz steamable bags)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (A Rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 8 oz of Green Salsa Verde (we used LaVictoria)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can of “Hatch” Green Chiles (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE
PREPARE YOUR CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKEN MIXTURE
- Micro wave your 2 bags of cauliflower to cook and soften, add into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl you should have your 2 cups of shredded chicken. (we used 4 chicken breast)
- Combine your cooked cauliflower and shredded chicken together (use your fingers to mix well)
- Set aside your cauliflower and shredded chicken
PREPARE YOUR CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- Take your 8 oz of softened Cream Cheese and added it to a separate bowl
- Add 1/2 of cup of sour cream in with your cream cheese
- Mix your softened cream cheese and sour cream together until it is smooth.
- Add 1 cup of green salsa into your cream cheese and sour cream mixture and stir.
- Combine your chicken and cauliflower mixture into your cream cheese and sour cream and combine well using a spoon.
- Add one small can of Hatch Green Chiles into your mixture for a real southwest flare.
- Add fresh chopped cilantro to taste (this is optional) and stir into your mixture.
FINAL ASSEMBLY AND COOKING
PREHEAT YOUR OVEN AT 375 DEGREES
- Take a 9×13 Oven Proof dish and grease the bottom of your dish (we used a 9×13 because it allows us to spread the dish out for FASTER Cooking!)
- Spread half of your casserole into your dish and spread out evenly
- Spread 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese over this layer of the casserole.
- Spread the remainder of the casserole mixture on top of the Monterey Jack cheese layer (spread evenly)
- Spread the remainder of your cheese over the top layer