Keto Beef Empanadas – Pockets of Joy!
With a Golden pastry! This is an easy homemade fathead dough version that we’ll walk you through—wrapped around a hearty beef filling, these easy empanadas are pure hand-held perfection.
Tender, flaky crust surrounding a hearty mixture of warmly-spiced ground beef and cheese
we’re going to teach you how to make the best beef empanadas you’ve ever tasted.
What Is An Empanada?
- Empanadas are crescent-shaped, savory pastries made of dough and filled with a variety of ingredients.
- Empanada filling varies greatly, and can include anything from beef, chicken, pork, tuna, shellfish, or cheese.
- Then you season well…and bake or fry to perfection.
Tips and Tricks:
- Place your ground beef-filled empanadas on your silicone mat and firmly press the edges together with a fork to ensure that all of the delicious ground beef filling stays firmly inside the little crust pocket.
- Don’t be intimidated by the dough-filling process—this part should be fun! It’s a great time to call the kids into the kitchen and put their many hours of Play Doh shaping expertise to work.
- Fathead dough can be sticky! A cup of water and dampening your fingers is a great help.
- Any meat or cheese would be great here.
- Silicone or parchment paper is ESSENTIAL!!!!
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute. Stir. Microwave additional minute stirring until melted and combined. Add almond flour. Stir to combine. Add egg. Mix with hand until solid dough forms. Let rest.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper, or a silicone mat and parchment paper to avoid sticking. Flatten out with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape. Cut dough into five strips to make separate empanadas.
- Spoon on seasoned ground beef and shredded cheese on each strip of dough. Don’t overfill, or your empanadas may be hard to seal. Fold over dough and pinch the edges together on both sides using a fork if necessary. If you’re having a hard time stealing your edges, try wetting them with damp fingers.
- Place your silicone mat, or paper on a baking tray. Bake 11 to 15 minutes, or until your empanadas are evenly browned.
- Serve alongside keto-friendly dipping sauces like salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.