Keto Thin Mint Parfait from CjsKetokitchen! This recipe is easy to make and delicious. Sarah comes up with all of the recipes every week and it’s actually a lot of work. She will run it by me, and I might give some brief input or thoughts or ask a few questions. I mainly make note of it mentally and start planning on how to film it, edit the video, and take photos when the recipe is done. I am actually eating a parfait as I put the finishing touches on the blog. This dessert is cool, refreshing and delicious you wont believe it’s keto and neither will your family. Even our two very picky kids gave it a thumbs up! We hope that you enjoy it!
There’s something about a pretty petite glass packed with chocolate layers that takes us back to the days of soda shops, Grandma‘s dessert table, and ice cream parlors… At first maybe it’s the presentation that pulls us back in time… Those enticing stacks of chocolate crumbs and mint whipped cream. One bite in, though, and we know it’s the rich chocolatey flavor and delicious cool mint that sparks our favorite memories. This parfait will not only take you back in time, but it will also help you treat yourself to dessert on the lighter side. But don’t be fooled, this is a rich, creamy, melt -in -your -mouth dessert.
Every year I look for something new to serve my family during the holidays and this recipe is perfect! This dessert takes less than 15 minutes to make and taste like something much more elaborate! When you get all the flavors in one bite the fudgy chocolate, the cool peppermint, and the creaminess of cheesecake … It really taste like a dessert from a four-star restaurant. The child-like fun of having individual desserts is always great to have when you’re serving a large family. There’s something about serving sizes that gets people excited. LOL.
With the upcoming holidays and the busy schedules we all have… I can definitely appreciate a sweet treat that requires a little or no effort to prepare, I’m sure you’re with me on this.
These parfaits are perfect for parties, because everything can be made ahead of time. They’re fun and colorful and a pleasure to make since you don’t even have to turn on the oven. The weather outside may be frightful, but these parfaits sure are delightful.
A Few Thoughts:
- I decided to use some inexpensive but fabulous martini glasses to put these together… You could use stemless wine glasses, and if you don’t have those you could always just use any short glasses, or even clear plastic cups to make things super easy if you were entertaining.
- If you would prefer to have pink peppermint instead of green that would also be absolutely delightful and quite scrumptious….Simply substitute red food coloring for the green and viola….pink parfaits.
- Do not skip toasting your almond flour, this is truly crucial in giving it that “graham cracker taste”
- I find embellishing with mint leaves for garnish, is an inexpensive but classy way to showcase the fresh and creamy mint taste these parfaits deliver.
Just a fun bit of history… The oldest known parfait recipe dates back to 1892 from Paris France (the word parfait means “perfect”)..But the mint parfait here in the USA, gained popularity in the early 60’s.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
It’s a Saturday afternoon and I’m finishing up the blog for the Thin Mint Parfait. I just got finished eating a serving of the Thin Mint Parfait, and it was actually better today than the first day and even during the taste test. It’s actually been 2 days since we made these, I noticed today that the parfait was a lot richer, and smoother so the chilling really enhances it. I also noticed that the mint flavor wasn’t as pronounced, it had mellowed about a bit as well. This recipe as we served it served 4, however, I would image if you used a smaller dish you could probably get 8 servings from it. We found that because it was so rich that a half of this (as shown) was enough. So just like casseroles this seems to get better over time and I really enjoyed it. Here’s a crazy idea I wonder how this would be and look if you did this with a red and white filling mixture, you’d potentially have a candy cane parfait. Keto foods can be delicious, and we try and show you that. Experiment, try new things, try your own spin on a recipe that’s how you learn grow and experience delicious food. That’s also the secret to success on Keto, and being able to stick with it long term. Have fun with the recipe, and make it your own. We’d love to see your versions of it over on Pinterest, in the Facebook group. or on Instagram.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Thin Mint Parfait
Cookie Crumble Ingredients
Mint Cream Filling Ingredients
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered natural sweetener
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 drops peppermint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring optional
- Chocolate sprinkles optional
- Fresh mint leaves optional
- Toast almond flour in a dry pan on medium heat for 4 minutes. Watching constantly and stirring frequently. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and sweetener. Add melted butter to form crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese, and sweetener. Mix with hand mixer. Add powdered sweetener, mix well. Begin adding food coloring and mint extract to desired color and flavor.
- In fluted glasses or parfait cups, begin layering, crumb mixture first. Ending with mint fluffy mixture. Garnish with chocolate crumbs and fresh mint leaves if desired. Serve room temperature, or chilled. *we recommend serving chilled
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.