This weeks recipe is Keto Low Carb Pecan Pie Mug Cake. Fall is officially here and in the Pacific Northwest we are actually expecting unseasonable cold weather soon–down in the 30’s which is very unusual even for us. The rain has returned and life marches on, as we prepare for the upcoming holidays. Halloween stuff is everywhere, and Christmas decoration is even displayed at some stores…time has flown by! This recipe is simple to make, and serves up two mug cakes. We think what makes this is cake is the Sugar-free Caramel flavoring; we used Torani but any sugar-free brand would work. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
So, pecans….especially my butter roasted pecans, happen to be one of my very favorite foods of life.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Low Carb Pecan Pie Mug Cake
Mug Cake Ingredients
Pecan Pie Toppings
- 2 oz Pecans Roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar Natural Sweetener We used Sukrin Gold
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Sugar-free caramel syrup I used Torani brand
- To begin add your mug cake ingredient together in a mug or a ramekin. Start with your melted butter (make sure it is not still hot). Add in Heavy Cream, and then your egg, sweetener, sugar free caramel syrup, and baking powder (all of your mug cake ingredients)
- Mix and stir well until you get a smooth dough, watch out for pockets of almond flour or baking powder.
- Using a large mug or a ramekin spray with your preferred Keto friendly cooking spray.
- Pour half of your cake batter into your mug or ramekin (Remember this is enough for TWO mug cakes)
- Microwave for about 1-3 minutes depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- Once fully cooked your cake should have separated from the edges of your mug or ramekin, and should be a round sponge cake.
Making Your Pecan Topping
- Pour your melted butter into a bowl.
- Next chopped up your roasted pecans (You don't want them to fine, because you want to get the pecan pie effect.
- Add chopped nuts into butter, and stir in together.
- Add in your natural alternative brown sugar sweetener and mix well.
- Add your Sugar-free Caramel Syrup, another alternative would be using sugar-free maple syrup.
- Pour your Pecan topping over your mug cake.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular Mug cake recipe.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.