This weeks recipe is Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls, this is a easy to make Keto and Low Carb treat. This recipe has minimal ingredients, and steps and doesn’t require a lot of thought. Just mix the ingredients, make them into balls, freeze them and enjoy! We hope you enjoy it!
Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake balls are a heavenly treat for real peanut butter-chocolate combo lovers. These yummy bites are so rich and decadent, you will satisfy all your sweet cravings with just a few of them. The luscious flavor combination in the form of small bites is a perfect treat to enjoy yourself or to give away as a gift. You will need just five simple ingredients for this recipe:
Cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered natural sweetener, chocolate chips, and a bit more of those things for dusting if desired. They can be a bit messy to make because the cheesecake filling is so smooth and delicate and you have to work quickly. But it’s worth the sweet mess. You’ll also need a little bit more patience because these have to chill in the refrigerator or freezer for about 30 minutes.
These little treats have it all, salty, sweet ,a bit crunchy with the bit of finely ground chocolate chip, and of course cheesecake creamy.
I made chocolate peanut butter cheesecake for Christmas this last season, and it proved to be a family favorite… I wanted something easy that would mimic those flavors, and I really think this is it. They are easy to make and nestle nicely in the freezer until you have a hankering for something sweet. I used a cookie baller, but you could definitely make these into a different shape using silicone molds or even ice cube trays.
A few tips:
- Softening your cream cheese is really essential
- Watch your macros on store brands. I find Philadelphia brand is the lowest in my area.
- Use natural peanut butter….almond butter could be substituted if you don’t care for peanut butter.
- Try different additions, such as white chocolate chips for a fun white inside.
- These would be extra decadent topped with melted chocolate and or chopped peanuts if you wanted to be fancy.
You absolutely do not need to be on a low-carb or ketogenic diet to enjoy these. Try them on your family and friends. They are a great idea for people who like a late night snack but don’t want to go to bed on a sugar -heavy treat before turning in for the night.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
This little no bake cheesecake balls are the BOMB! I like mine chilled and Sarah likes to warm hers up with a little coffee. Our batch made 19, and they lasted for several days around our house. Initially I wondered if less peanut butter might be called for, but during the second time around the peanut butter level and thickness seemed just right, so i personally wouldn’t change anything. We dusted the batch we made for the video and photos with powdered natural sweetener, we also did a few with a dusting of cocoa powdered I preferred the powdered sweetener version. I do like the chopped up sugar free chocolate chips that was a nice touch, you probably could add chopped nuts as well. At any rate this is a easy, and versatile recipe. Some of you are very skilled cooks, if you make another version let us see it over on Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls
- hand mixer
- Put the cream cheese, peanut butter, sweetener, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Combine using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in chopped chocolate chips. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Using a cookie baller, or two spoons form into balls. Repeat the process until the mixture is gone, should make between 18 and 20 balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to set before eating. Dust with powdered natural sweetener or cocoa powder if desired… Could also be rolled in crushed nuts. Keep frozen for up to two months. Let thaw before eating.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.