This weeks recipe is the Italian Sub Salad, this is a low carb keto friendly recipe that captures the flavors of popular Italian-American favorite which is loved world wide. This is the final part of our 4 week summer salads series, and this requires no cooking, only prep time.We absolutely loved this recipe and we are sure your family will as well.
The Italian sub sandwich was originally invented in Portland, Maine, in 1903 by Giovanni Amato, a baker.
Obviously being a baker, this sub traditionally includes a long bread roll or bun. While practicing the Keto lifestyle, we strive to incorporate traditional flavors, while cutting back on carbs.
Additionally, as temperatures rise this summer, salads seem more fresh, and less complicated even on standard diets. Great for gatherings and parties, as it has an oil and vinegar dressing.
The flavors and textures of this salad are unified by the ingredients used to create a gastronomic equilibrium, with the fats and acids in the ingredients serving to counterbalance one another.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Low Carb Keto Italian Sub Salad
Assembling Your Salad
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 medium roma tomatoes diced (we used mini roma tomatoes)
- 1 cup mixed Italian olives pitted
- 1/4 medium Red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled banana peppers sliced
- 6 ounces Italian meats diced; I used pepperoni and salami
- chop and prepare all of your salad ingredients, and combine into a large bowl. Incorporate all ingredients together before adding your dressing.
Making Your Dressing
- Add extra virgin Olive Oil, seasonings, and red wine vinegar (or some other vinegar component - we also used some of the juice from the peppers), into a blender, and mix until everything is well blended and combined.
- Pour salad dressing over your salad in your large bowl and toss vigorously until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
Here are the other three Keto Summer Salads:
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.