This weeks recipe is Keto Low Carb Cranberry Orange Swirl Cheesecake, this is recipe #4 as part of our 2019 Keto Thanksgiving Recipe series. We believe that there is no reason to not remain strong on keto during the holidays. All it takes is a little bit of planning and a willingness to try new things, however even many of the traditional Thanksgiving recipes can be modified and turned into Keto Low Carb friendly dishes that the entire family can enjoy. This recipe is not only delicious but it is absolutely stunning and beautiful! Warning, you will easily overindulge with this cheesecake, the combination of orange and cranberry is addictive. This will be the talk of your holiday event, from Keto and non Keto folks alike. Enjoy!
We made blueberry swirl cheesecake this time last year, but I created a decadent variation with orange infused cranberries that I took to my family holiday party… It was a huge hit. So I decided to go with it again this year.
I always get excited when fresh cranberries start hitting the stores during fall. Their tart flavor goes perfectly well with recipes and they cook up into juicy flavor bursts during cooking. Sadly fresh cranberries are only available for a short time during the last few months of the year, but luckily this recipe works with frozen if you can find them, so you can enjoy it all year round. Combining cranberries with orange is a classic combination. Having freshly grated zest elevates its flavor and results in a perfectly balanced sweet and tart taste sensation.
So if you’re looking for a crowd pleasing holiday dessert idea, or just a use for leftover cranberries, you’ve got to try this. It is a real showstopper. The actual appearance of the cheesecake is quite magnificent… And you are sure to receive many compliments on how beautiful it is.
Another bonus to this cheesecake is that it keeps well for several days in the refrigerator, so it is a great make- ahead dessert for the holidays, for company, or a special occasion.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
We made this cheesecake on a Tuesday night and let it sit overnight to set up (that’s a tip!). On Wednesday we did our Taste Test. I’m writing this blog post on a Saturday. And we still have two pieces left, so you definitely can get 12 servings out of this cheesecake. on a Thursday afternoon after work, and we had it for dinner. It does make 12 nicely proportioned pieces and it has remained just as delicious has the first day, I actually think the crust has somehow gotten better over time. This recipe is a winner for the holidays.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Low Carb Cranberry Orange Swirl Cheesecake
- Springform Pans
Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup golden natural sweetener
- zest of one orange
- 32 Oz cream cheese 4 pkgs softened
- 1 cup natural sweetener We preferred a monk fruit Eryithitol blend We preferred a POWDERED monk fruit Eryithitol blend
- 1 tsp Orange Extract or vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries prepared cranberry sauce
How to Prepare Your Cranberries
- Using a 12 oz bag of fresh Cranberries. Add water and orange zest (optional)
- Let cranberries simmer on medium heat until cranberries soften and "burst" approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cranberries cool and thicken
How to Make Your Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine crust ingredients in a bowl, mix well to form a dough.
- Take your dough and press into a greased springform or pie pan
- Cook crust for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine filling ingredients, adding in eegs one at a time until the filling is fluffy and creamy and sweetened to taste.
- Add to crust.
How to make Cranberry Swirls
- Puree your cranberries in a food processor or blender.
- Drop by dollops of berries on to the prepared cheesecake batter.
- Using a knife swirl the filling into the top of the cheesecake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes check to see if the center of the cheesecake has set, if should only be slightly jiggly...if you need additional baking time lower your oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake it an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check often.
- Your cheesecake will need to set a minimum of 2 hours before serving, and ideally overnight. As the cheesecakes sets it will shrink and this is normal.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight one of our older videos and recipes it is a
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.