This weeks recipe is a Keto Maple Pecan Bars! These are like little mini pecan pies but without all the carbs. Each piece is delicious, rich and only comes in at 2 Net Carbs. These are a great snack but do require a bit of patience with the preparation but it will be worth it once you get the final product.
NOTES FROM SARAH
Pecans may be just about be my favorite food on the planet! So why not make dessert with them….
Pecan pie bars transform The classic gooey desert into a finger friendly treat that stacks pecan pie filling a top a classic shortbread crust. It’s basically a pecan pie you can eat with your hands!
You might associate pecan pie with Thanksgiving and fall baking, and while that is true, I have found, this is a fantastic recipe that can be used year round.
I mean, think about it…there are no true “seasonal” ingredients, it can hold up in most temperatures perfectly, and is a very easy dessert recipe that’s special enough for serving to guests, but laid back enough to have with a scoop of ice cream on a Tuesday night.
The crust is tender but sturdy enough to pick up with your fingers. It tastes like a cross between a pie crust and the most excellent shortbread cookie.
The filling is lush with maple and brown sugar flavors made low-carb safe and positively chock-full with deeply toasty, crunchy pecans.
Though these bars aren’t shaped like your typical pie, they’re every bit as mouthwatering in square form.
Why these are a great idea:
- The shortbread crust is soft and simple
- Lots of wonderful crunchy and gooey texture in every bite
- The pecan pie topping is sweet and salty
- They’re easier to make than an entire pie
- A fun alternative to the classic pie and perfect for serving a crowd
- No mess to clean up because they’re easy to eat and transport.
They are also made with keto friendly natural sweeteners and extracts, which adds flavor and takes the place of corn syrup that’s typically used in pecan pie recipes.
A few things to add:
- Be patient with your caramel. While not truly difficult, it takes patience and stirring
- Pre-roasted butter pecans are essential to great crunch and flavor. Check out our recipe!
- I really recommend brown sugar alternative. It provides that depth of flavor needed for authentic pecan pie taste.
- Warming a bit before serving gives these a genuine “fresh from the oven” taste and helps offset any granular cooling that can sometimes take place with alternative sweeteners.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
Well this recipe was delicious and we lived with it for several days. I do think the bars taste best when warm. Remember we don’t have any of the traditional sugar, or corn syrups in this dessert. So the natural sweetener tends to crystalize when it cools. It still taste good, but I think when these are slightly warmed say at 30-45 seconds you will hit the sweet spot. These take a while to cool, and when Sarah served for the initial taste test they were still warm and gooey good. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Maple Pecan Bars
- Combine ingredients and press into a parchment lined baking dish 8x8 or 9x9. Bake at 350° For 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
Final Assembly of Crust and Pecan Layer
- In a medium saucepan combine liquids and butter to warmth. Add sukrin gold whisking to combine. Add arrowroot powder.
- Whisking constantly. Add extracts. Bring to a gentle boil. Watch constantly to avoid scorching. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown and slightly thickened.
- Add half of pecans to sauce. Pour over crust. Top with remaining pecans.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly. Remove and let cool thoroughly before cutting. Cut into 2 inch bars and serve.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make Butter Roasted Pecans.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.