This week we bring you a what we are calling a Keto Chocolate Ribbon Cake/Pie. This was a dessert that Sarah remembered having as a child. This is a perfect keto dessert for the summer, its great for summer BBQ’s, and other events. Both Ketoer’s and those not doing keto will enjoy this dessert.
If you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here’s the Recipe
- 1 Cup – Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup – Chopped Nuts (Pecans and Almonds are lower in carbs)
- 1/2 Cup – Butter
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp of Sweetner (We Used So Nourished Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend)
- 1 Cup – Powdered Sugar Substitute (We Used “So Nourished” Powdered Erythritol)
- 6 Cups – Heavy Cream
- 2 pkgs – Sugar Free Instant Pudding (Make sure its instant)
- *1/2 cup of half and half (Optional item used only if you need to thin your pudding layer)
- *Optional Topping: 3 or 4 Pieces of Sugar Free Toffee (crushed) or Nuts for the final topping, or Lily’s Chocolate Chips
How to Make It!
Step 1: Make Your Crust (and then let completely cool) :
- 1 Cup – Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup – Chopped Nuts (Pecans and Almonds are lower in carbs)
- 1/2 Cup – Butter
- 3 Tbsp of Sweetner (We recommend So Nourished Monk Fruit Erythritol blend)
Preheat oven to 350, set out your cream cheese and let it soften, also set out your butter.
Melt your butter, and then combine the other layer 1 ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You should get a thick doughy type mixture, this is your crust for the dessert.
Pour the dough into you 9×13 glass dish and begin to cover the bottom of your dish. Use your fingers or a spachler spread it out, it wont look like it’s enough but it will be just keep working with it until you cover the bottom of your dish.
Bake the crust in the oven for 8- 15 minutes at 350 degrees, take it out and let it cool completely (that’s important)
Step 2: Make Your Whip Cream Topping:
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- Liquid Sweetener (Stevia or Sucralose)
Whip your heavy cream and mix with your sweetener to taste. It will look like whip cream when your done.
*We suggest that you make this in advance and let chill while you make the other layers of the cake.
Step 3: Make Your Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Cup – Powdered Sugar Substitute (We used So Nourished Powdered Erythritol)
- 1 Cup – Heavy Cream (Whipped)
Combine and mix your ingredients using a blender, until smooth and creamy. Set aside for later, or chill.
Step 4: Make Your Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 2 Boxes of Sugar Free Chocolate Instant Pudding (1.5 oz boxes – the small boxes)
- 3 Cups – Heavy Cream
Combine and mix your the heavy cream and instant pudding ingredients using a blender and mix well.
Your pudding when blended should be of a creamy consistency that should be easy to spread over your cream cheese layer. If your pudding layer looks too thick you will need to thin out the mixture and we suggest using half-and half*
How to Assemble Your Ribbon Cake
Step 1: Gently and evenly spread your Cream Cheese layer over your COOLED crust.
Step 2: Gently and evenly spread your Pudding Layer over your Cream Cheese layer.
Step 3: Gently and evenly spread your chilled whipped cream over your pudding layer
Step 4: Optional Step: Sprinkle the top of your top layer with a low carb/keto friendly topping of your choice – we used sugar free Lily’s Chocolate chips. In another video we used topped with crushed Russel Stover Sugar free candies (we’ve stop using these due to the ingredient Maltitol that is used to sweeten these but that is a personal choice), you could also top with chopped pecans.
*MACROS AS ESTIMATED BY MYFITNESS PAL
- Servings: 14 estimated
- Calories: 371
- Carbs: 4 g Fiber: 2 g = Net Carbs: 2 g per serving
- Fat: 38 g
- Protein: 4 g
*MACROS ARE ESTIMATED PER DATA AVAILABLE, SERVING SIZES MAY VARY*
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING THE KETO DIET, AND FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE INFORMATION OUT THERE!?
Some of the best information on starting the Keto Diet can be found at a site called Ruled.me. This site has lots of free information, but if you want a step by step plan I would suggest the Keto Academy Package. This is what I purchased and I still reference the material 18 months later.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.