Chaffles are all the rage still in Keto land and if you have no idea what a chaffle is, you are in for a delicious surprise.
This may just be life changing, or at least keto lifestyle altering as the beloved chaffle is a low carb food that will take your keto recipes to a whole new dimension. From what I understand, the word chaffle is a hybrid of cheese and waffle….Tada, chaffle.😊
It takes just two ingredients, can be made in a matter of minutes, and is super fun for unleashing major creativity!
Apples don’t have to be in season for you to enjoy a warm, comforting slice of apple pie flavo chaffle.
In this post, I’ll share my recipe for mock apple filling to put on top and easy keto staple….the chaffle, with the secret ingredient: zucchini!
This recipe is a great way to use up all those zucchini from your garden. It’s also a good recipe for those monster zucchini that get away from us before we have a chance to pick them. LOL….But even zucchini from the grocery store is great!
Apples are a popular fruit known for their crisp texture and sweet-tart flavor. They’re often used in a variety of dishes, from salads to desserts. However, for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet, the sugar content in apples can pose a concern.
If you’re really craving apples, you can still enjoy them in moderation by opting for less sweet varieties, and I have used them in that way before for recipes.
The trick to getting the right texture for your mock apple crisp is pre-cooking the zucchini filling.
If you take the time to slow simmer the zucchini slices, they’ll resemble soft cooked apples. If you are in a hurry and don’t mind the squash “al dente”, you can the simmer time to 10-15 minutes.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Apple Pie Chaffles
- waffle maker DASH Multi Mini Waffle Maker: Four Mini Waffles, Perfect for Families and Individuals, 4 Inch Dual Non-stick Surfaces with Quick Release & Easy Clean - Graphite
- 8 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 drops liquid splenda optional
- 1 zucchini large, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB brown swerve
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 drops apple extract optional
- Preheat waffle maker. In a measuring cup, beat two eggs well.
- Take 4 slices of cheese, and place on hot waffle surface.
- Add 1/4 of beaten egg mixture to each waffle.
- Add a second slice to each waffle spot. Close lid and cook approximately 5 minutes until crispy. Remove carefully. Top with apple topping.
Apple topping Instructions:
- Peel, seed and chop zucchini. In a saucepan, combine zucchini, water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain well.
- Add sweetener and spices to cook zucchini.
- Top chaffle with hot zucchini apples, and optional whipped cream Serve immediately.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com