This weeks recipe is Keto Pizza Bites, this is another easy to make Keto dish. This recipe is very versatile, and you could take it in many different ways. You get delicious pizza flavors but without the fuss of making a dough. Your entire family will enjoy these. We hope you enjoy it!
Have your own pizza party at home, and skip the delivery!
These keto pizza bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin… Still chewy and savory, but with a softer texture than anything that is prepackaged or frozen. They take only a few minutes to prepare and only a couple of minutes in the oven, so this is a super fast meal. These would also work great cold the next day as an easy park lunch. Now you can avoid the guilt you might feel when you pop some of those premade ones in the oven or microwave knowing they have so many ingredients you can’t even pronounce much less identify.
They’re perfect for sharing, they emerge golden from the oven rather than coming out of a cardboard box, and they’re easy to make. Eating pizza in any form is always a blissful experience for me. But these are just delightful, hand-held deliciousness. Everyone will flock to these bites as soon as they hit the table, so don’t be surprised if they disappear quickly. If you have time and oven space, definitely make a double batch, as these can be frozen.
I made ours with Italian sausage and pepperoni, with a bit of red pepper thrown in, but these could easily be made with any pizza topping of your choice, ground beef, chicken, or just cheese if you want to skip the meat all together. Just make sure whatever vegetable you use is fairly dry you don’t want to add too much watery moisture to these or they won’t puff up.
A few quick notes:
- Almond flour can be used in place of coconut flour, but the bites will not be as light and fluffy. Rest assured they have no coconut flavor.
- If you skip chilling the dough they will flatten as they cook and not be nice round balls.
- A silicone mat, or parchment paper are really essential here for easy removal.
- We used a low-carb pizza sauce for dipping, but you could use spaghetti sauce, marinara, barbecue or ranch if you preferred.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
These little Pizza Bites were tasty, and easy to make, and 1 pound of ground sausage yielded 30 plus bite. I do think you need to watch what type and brand of Ground Sausage you buy and ensure that you purchase a brand that you enjoy and that works well with your body. Also be aware of the ingredients in your ground sausage, the carb count and the sugar content (Sugar is everywhere). All and all these were delicious, I could see these being used as an appetizer (although we used them as an entree). We used pork sausage, but I would image this recipe would work with any type of ground sausage that you’d enjoy. Some of you are very skilled cooks, if you make another version let us see it over on Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Pizza Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cooked sausage, pepperoni, And red pepper(I minced mine very finely)until completely combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients until well combined and chill 15 minutes to allow the flour time to absorb the moisture.
- **If you skip chilling the dough they will flatten as they cook and not be nice round balls**
- Drop onto a baking sheet (I like to use the silicone baking mats OR parchment paper) using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- This made 35 for me, but that will depend on the size scoop you use and how
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.