A quick and easy Keto Low Carb chili….perfect for a winter warm-up, Super Bowl party, or tailgating. This recipe comes courtesy of my sister, Rebekah “Sweetie” Flink.
• 2 ½ pounds ground beef
• 4 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 large bell pepper diced (I prefer red, yellow or orange)
• 1 medium yellow onion
• 3 Tbs chili powder
• 1 ½ tsp cumin
• 2 tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
• 2 Tbs low sugar ketchup
• 1 tsp celery salt
• 2 c. tomato sauce
• 1 c. water
• 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
• 2 Tbs tomato paste
• 1 can black soybean (optional)
Combine the ground beef, onions, peppers and garlic in soup pot or Dutch oven and sauté until ground beef is browned. Drain fat.
Add spices, Worcestershire, ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water to pot. Stir to combine and simmer for 30 minutes.
Using a potato masher, mash chili in pot. This gives the chili a nice thick consistency instead of a soupy chili. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
Rinse and drain soybeans. Add to chili and simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream or other preferred toppings.
• I used a chop wizard on the onion and pepper. I love it because it is fast, but even more so because it everything exactly the same size which lends itself to the texture of the chili.
• I constantly adjusted the seasoning to MY tastes but these were my original ratios.
• I’ve found that 80/20 beef is my preference for this recipe.
• While it was good day of, it seemed to mellow and improve on the 2nd day.
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 10 SERVINGS
CARBS: 8.8 grams of Net Carbs
FAT: 25.7 grams (using a 70/30 ground beef it would be less with leaner ground beef)
PROTEIN: 17.3 grams