Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Memorial Day is a time to honor men and women who have served our Country and sacrificed there lives to protect our freedoms. Memorial Day weekend is also the kickoff for summer activities and such as BBQs, family reunions, graduations and other social events.
This week we bring you a Faux-Potato Salad made with Cauliflower. We want to give special thanks to Rebecca F., for allowing us to use her secret recipe. This recipe is so good that people not doing Keto will not know the difference and you’ll be lucky to even get any.
If you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Faux Potato Salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 c. cubed cheddar cheese (small cubes)
- 1 pkg. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- ¾ to 1 c. diced green onions
- ¾ to 1 c. chopped celery
- 2 small can sliced black olives
- 2 tbs. dill relish
Wet ingredients and spices:
- 1 c. full-fat mayo
- 2 tbs. yellow or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbs. pickle juice (optional if you like it more tangy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (optional)
- Blanch you cauliflower by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower to boiling water, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Check after 4 minutes. It should be fork tender but not mushy. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
In a Separate Bowl
- Add in your wet ingredients, add the mayo half a cup at a time, adding more or less until you reach the desired consistency for your salad. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld but tastes best if you refrigerate it overnight.
- (Optional step) If I am taking this to a gathering and I want it to look special, I slice 3 or 4 hard-boiled eggs and put them on top and then sprinkle with paprika
MACROS AS ESTIMATED BY MYFITNESS PAL
- Servings: 14 estimated
- Calories: 294
- Carbs: 3.5 g Fiber: .8 g = Net Carbs: 2.7 g per serving
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Protein: 11.8 g
*MACROS ARE ESTIMATED PER DATA AVAILABLE, SERVING SIZES MAY VARY*
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING THE KETO DIET, AND FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE INFORMATION OUT THERE!?
Some of the best information on starting the Keto Diet can be found at a site called Ruled.me. This site has lots of free information, but if you want a step by step plan I would suggest the Keto Academy Package. This is what I purchased and I still reference the material 18 months later.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.