This weeks recipe is Keto Frosted Sugar Cookies, this is recipe #3 as part of our 2019 Keto Christmas Recipe series. We believe that there is no reason to not remain strong on keto during the holidays. All it takes is a little bit of planning and a willingness to try new things, however even many of the traditional holiday recipes can be modified and turned into Keto Low Carb friendly dishes that the entire family can enjoy. This is a delicious keto/low carb take on a classic holiday style cookie. Who says you can’t enjoy the holidays when doing keto.
Christmas brings to mind cookies….baking and sharing are often family traditions.
Most people love sugar cookies, but let’s be honest, rolling out the dough and cutting it into shapes can be fun for the holidays, but sometimes you just want delicious sugar cookies and you want them fast. This recipe is the answer for easy and delicious sugar cookies your friends and family will rave about!
These pillowy soft sugar cookies, topped with a swirl of buttercream frosting and colorful sprinkles are just like the ones from the grocery store bakery ,but made even better in your own kitchen, and without all of the tooth-aching sweetness of traditional cookies. With hints of vanilla and a buttery finish, they deliver just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy any sweet tooth. A generous spoonful of butter cream frosting is spread over each, and of course, don’t forget those sprinkles. Serve with a piping hot cup of coffee, or a tall glass of almond or macadamia nut milk and this recipe is sure to win over even Santa himself!
If you’ve ever had dry low-carb cookies, this easy recipe will surely change your mind. These are super soft and melt in your mouth.
To top these cookies I made a simple butter cream frosting made even more delicious with cream cheese. You can add drops of food coloring if you wish, in keeping with the festive season… Or just keep it basic white and use the fancy sprinkles I did. The sprinkles I chose had no sugar, simply food color and gum binder.
A few tips:
- Room temperature ingredients are essential in this recipe. Cold butter and eggs can really ruin your efforts!
- Mixing in your powdered sweetener and continuing on a low speed when you start to mix will help prevent the kick up that can occur when incorporating ingredients.
- Using a knife warmed in hot water can help to make your buttercream picture perfect!
- Use a cookie baller for evenly sized cookies.
- Of course decorating these with your kids or grandchildren would be magical, as long as you can cope with the kitchen apocalypse!
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
We’ve really been enjoying this recipe. But these cookies are different than cookies made from regular flour, with almond flour you just don’t get the same crunch or firmness. All and all I enjoyed these, they were a nice treat during the day or after dinner. Most people can’t believe that you can make this type of dessert and still be practicing the keto lifestyle, this recipe is a nice holiday treat!
Keto Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, eggs, liquid sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Using hand beaters, mix well..
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and continue blending with a hand mixer.
- Cover dough tightly and cool in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Roll into small (1 1/2 inch) balls and line baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes (15-18 minutes depending on oven)
- Let cool. Transfer to rack and frost if desired
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting:
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a small bowl, mix to incorporate. add sweetener to desired taste and add extract. Beat until fluffy. Frost cookies.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight one of our older videos and recipes it is
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.