Keto Spiced Candied Almonds
This week we bring you the 2nd recipe in our series of 4 holiday Keto and Low Carb recipes. This week we present a Keto Spiced Candied Almonds. We found a base recipe on Pinterest but that really didn’t produce the taste and quality we were looking for – something was missing!
We wanted to figure out how to recreate those deliciously sweet spiced almonds that you can often purchase at amusement parks, or the County Fair. WARNING! These are very addictive and it will be easy to over indulge. These spiced almonds will be great for your holiday gatherings or as special holiday gifts.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Spiced Sugarfree Candied Almonds
- 2 Cups Raw Almonds
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 Egg white Or equivalent liquid egg whites
- 1 Tsp Fresh nutmeg Jarred is fine as well
- 1 Tsp Allspice Cloves could be substituted
- 1/3 Cup Sweetener We used monk fruit erythritol blend
Roasting the Almonds
- In a 305 degree oven place your almonds on a cookie sheet
- Spread your melted butter over your nuts and throughly coat them, and flatten them in the center of your baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes remove nuts, stir them, flatten them again and then cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove nuts and liberally salt them.
How to Spice and Candy the Almonds
- In a large bowl place your roasted almonds
- Whisk or process your egg white until foamy.
- Pour over nuts
- Stir well and coat all of your nuts with the egg whites. Let sit 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine spices and sweetener
- Sprinkle over almonds and stir well to coat
- Pour nuts on parchment lined baking sheet (spray with avocado oil or coconut oil spray if desired).
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes...remove and gently stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before bagging or jarring for gifts.
ESTIMATED MACROS PER MYFITNESS PAL
- Makes 5 – 6 Servings (28 nuts)
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 29g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 7g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 10g
- sugar 2g *This is just from the almonds themselves not the sweetener
ITEMS TO PURCHASE FROM THIS VIDEO:
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.