This weeks recipe is Keto Pizza Burger Bowls. This recipe is super simple to make and very versatile. This would be a great weeknight family friendly Keto recipe it would also be great for Keto Meal Prep.
So this recipe is easy to make and pretty versatile, although we made this as pizza bowls you could very easily make other versions such as taco bowls, teriyaki, etc. We found this recipe on Pinterest and it wasn’t necessarily just a keto recipe. We made this recipe and video sort of on the fly (unplanned), so this was our first time trying this as well.
Making Your Burger Bowls:
We made our recipe with 2 pounds of ground beef in order to make 4 burger bowls, each bowl is 1 serving. The biggest challenge with this recipe was actually forming the burger bowls. Sarah initial used a small ceramic bowl and pressed it into the well seasoned ground beef ball, each bowl was 1/2 pound of raw ground beef (8 oz.), we ultimately figured out that a soda can worked best for forming the bowls. You will need to do some adjusting of the bowls by hand to help keep there shape. Like I said we made 4 bowls, so if you want less adjust your ground beef amount accordingly. We suggest you make your bowls first then add your ingredients to each bowl.
You can get more tips by watching the recipe being made over on YouTube.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Pizza Burger Bowls
- 2 lbs Ground Beef we use a 80/20 mix
- 1 tbsp garlic powder season to taste
- .5 tsp oregano season to taste
- 1.5 tsp basil season to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt season to taste
- 4 tbsp Pizza sauce Look for a lower carb versions
- 20 slices Pepperoni
- 2.6 tbsp Mushrooms chopped
- 4 tbsp black Olives chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Using 2 lbs of ground beef. Separate beef into 8 oz sections (this should give you 4 bowls)
- Make each burger bowl one at a time. In a bowl add your seasonings into your ground beef and incorporate well, forming a ball of beef.
- Using a can, or small bowl press into your beef ball to form a bowl. You will probably need to make some adjustments by hand to the bowl in order to help if keep it's shape. Repeat this step until you make 4 burger bowls.
- Set each burger bowl on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Begin adding your pizza ingredients. We started by adding the pizza sauce inside and around the edges of the bowl.
- Next add your pepperoni. We did about 5 slices per bowl.
- Next add your mushrooms and chopped black olives.
- Last cover each bowl liberally with shredded cheese of choice (we used mozzarella because that's what we had on hand.)
- Loosely cover your pizza burger bowls with foil (sort of like a tent). You want it very loose and not touching the tops of the burgers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- We broiled ours for a few minutes to brown the cheese (watch them closely)
- Let cool, and enjoy!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
This is a new section that hopefully we can begin doing every week. This will be a section where we highlight older recipes from YouTube and here on the blog. This weeks recipe is One Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Keto Mushroom Sauce.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.