This weeks recipe is Low Carb Keto Lemon Lush Dessert. This recipe is fantastic, although it does take some preparation time and waiting so that you can assemble it correctly.
Lemon Lush desserts have been around for awhile, this is a cool refreshing dessert and there are multiple non-keto versions as well as keto/low carb versions. If you do a search for Lemon Lush desserts you’ll see versions from Betty Crocker, and others like Tasty.com so this isn’t a new dessert in fact it’s very popular in many regions of the Country.
This is a recipe is actually very easy to make, however it does require some patience because you need to do the various layers and let things cool before you can assemble. Patience seems to be a lost art in our modern society, everyone wants instant delicious dishes foods. My daughter who is 10 loves to cook, but she is very impatient even when cooking pancakes. This recipe does take some time and preparation but the results are worth it. This would be great for summer gatherings, and folks on keto may not get any because the non-keto crowd will eat it up without hesitation.
We used a 8 x 8 baking dish but this recipe could be made in a larger dish by simply doubling the ingredients. As we made it, it should serve 9 people with nice sized 114 gram (4.02 oz) pieces.
Tips for Making This:
Layer 1- Crust: Is your crust and you’ll make that first and let it cool completely (that is important!). This layer is baked in the oven and this crust can be used in multiple keto/low carb desserts.
Layer 3 – Lemon Crude/Pudding: We suggest you make this layer second because you’ll need to do some cooking on the stove, and it will need time to cool. We suggest refrigerating to help it cool.
Layer 2 – Cheesecake: This layer doesn’t require in cooking, after you make it let it chill in the refrigerator with the other items.
Layer 4 – Keto Whipped Cream: This is another layer that doesn’t require any cooking. We often will make this layer just before the gathering we are serving this at.
More Information: After assembling this needs to rest for a minimum of 1 hour. However, the longer you can let it sit the better, overnight would be idea. We’ve been snacking on this for a couple of days and it does get better with time.
We hope you and your family enjoy this delicious dessert.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Low Carb Keto Lemon Lush Dessert
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Walnuts Chopped (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Natural Sweetner We Used a Monk Fruit Erythritol blend
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Natural Sweetener (Powdered)
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Third Layer (Lemon Layer)
- 6 tbsp Butter Softened
- 3/4 cup Natural Sweetener Powdered
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
Top Layer (Whipped Cream Layer)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Natural Sweetener Powdered
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
Making Your Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar substitute. Using an electric mixer beat until well-combined and fluffy.
- Then add your almond flour. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add chopped walnuts and transfer to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until the edges begin to brown.
- Set it aside to completely cool before assembling the dessert.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together your butter and natural sweetener using a electrick mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs, one at a time while mixing on low speed, then add your yolks. Continue to beat on low until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to mix on low speed until well incorporated. At this point your mixture will look lumpy and broken, but keep going.
- Transfer your mixture to a medium sauce pan and place over low heat. Whisk until the mixture is headed and no longer lumpy.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir constantly. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the sauce pan, until the mixture is thickened to a pudding texture.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle in your xanthan Gum on top and whisk it into your lemon mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a dish and place in the refrigerator to cool before assembling the dessert.
Second Layer (Cream Cheese)
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese and powdered natural sweetener. Beat with a electric mixer until well combined. Add your lemon extract and sour cream. Mix until well combined, then mix in your heavy cream mixing until smooth and creamy.
Whipped Cream Layer
- In a large bowl combine your heavy cream and powdered natural sweetener. Mix on high speed until the mixture has expanded and formed soft peaks. Sprinkle in your xanthan gum and continue mixing until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
Assembling Your Dessert
- Make sure your crust layer is completely cooled. Add your cream cheese layer and evenly smooth into a flat layer. Next add your lemon layer on top of your cream cheese layer and gently smooth out. Lastly top with your whipped cream layer and smooth out.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour (longer is better). You can make this up to 5 days in advance.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
This is a new section that hopefully we can begin doing every week. This will be a section where we highlight older recipes from YouTube and here on the blog. This weeks recipe is Low Carb Four Layer Dessert.
This is a really old recipe, in fact it’s one of our first videos and recipes. We realize that the use of “sugar free instant pudding” isn’t the best for keto because of how it’s made. Feel free to modify the recipe or substitute the pudding with another element. These recipes aren’t meant for eating everyday on Keto, the idea is to give you options for gatherings that you can enjoy.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.