Mini Key Lime Cheesecake blog
These Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes are quick and easy to make. No fussing around with a water bath or long baking times. Baked in a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners, or in a fancy mini cheesecake pan…they bake up in about 20 minutes and cool much faster than a big cheesecake. They’re pretty much fool-proof
What makes key lime cheesecake even easier (and quicker)? Bake it in a muffin pan rather than in a pie pan. Less bake time, less slicing, less chill time. Plus (and this is the best part!) it is perfectly acceptable to have more than one. Not to mention, mini key lime pies are totally kid-friendly. Little hands, little appetites, little pies! I love these things.
- Delicate and nutty crust
- 4 ingredient filling
- Easy to make
- Totally refreshing
- Major key lime flavor
- Topped with fluffy whipped cream
Sweet, salty, citrus-y, buttery, creamy, and tangy all in one
DO I HAVE TO USE KEY LIME JUICE:
The limes we see most often in the grocery store are known as Tahiti or Persian limes. They’re bigger and darker green than Key Limes.
Key limes have their own unique flavor. They’re more aromatic, and their juice is generally thought to be tarter and more floral…..BUT definitely check out bottled key lime juice. It’s fabulous
A FEW TIPS AND THOUGHTS:
Room temperature egg and cream cheese are essential here.
Be sure not to over bake your cheesecake cupcakes. While I’ve included a bake time in the recipe box, all ovens run a little different. You’ll know they’re done when the centers have puffed up and the center has just a slight wiggle.
Also, don’t fret if a few crack or fall. They deflate or sink quite a bit after they cool….6 of my 12 did, they still tasted fantastic! And any remaining imperfections will be covered with whipped cream.
Be sure to cool the cheesecake cupcakes completely before adding the whipped. If the cheesecake cupcake are even a little hot the whipped cream will melt and make a mess.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
This recipe was surprisingly delicious! Although I’m not sure why I was surprised, Sarah makes great food. This was not a Keto recipe originally, she converted it to give everyone more options for success. So these little mini key lime cheesecakes were delicious. I must say that I was worried when several of them deflated after baking. There seemed to be no reason for it, and as Sarah mentioned this wasn’t a Keto recipe and people still had issues with the deflating. Once you add the whipped cream (or not) they are still delicious. Happy New Year! We hope you enjoy it. Post your versions, on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Tangy Mini Keto Key Lime Cheesecakes
- Preheat your oven to 325°. Spray each cavity of a 12 count mini cheesecake pan, or 12 count muffin pan with nonstick spray and/or silicone molds and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine crust ingredients. Press equal amounts into each cavity making sure to press down firmly into an even layer.
- Bake at 325° for five minutes, remove from the oven, and set aside to cool. Keep your oven temperature set at 325°.
- To make the cheesecake filling:
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, or a whisk, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sour cream and combine… Add your powdered natural sweetener and mix well until desired sweetness is achieved.
- Add in the Keylime juice, zest, vanilla extract, and food coloring(if desired) and mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl as needed with a spatula. Add in your egg, either by hand or very quickly on low speed just to incorporate.
- Evenly distribute the cheesecake filling between all 12 cavities of your pan and return to the oven. Bake at 325° for 15 to 18 minutes or until the top of the cheesecakes are set but still slightly jiggly. Some cheesecakes may sink. Do not be concerned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool it room temperature for about an hour. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least another two hours or overnight.
- Once the cheesecakes are chilled remove them from the pan. Serve with whip cream and garnish with lime if desired.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.