Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
HELLO CJSKETOKITCHEN FAM! This week we bring you another delicious and easy to make family friendly casserole; Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole. This is another popular casserole dish turned Keto, great for busy week nights, easy to make and versatile.
This dish can be served with pasta for your family members not doing Keto, or paired with zoodles if you are doing Keto or Low Carb. When we made this recipe we served it to our kids with spaghetti and it was a big hit. We paired ours with some low carb noodles that we had from a Keto Krate, the casserole was delicious but I was on the fence with the low carb noodles. Like any casserole it gets better as it sits, and the next day I took this for lunch and it was even better.
Let’s talk about tomato based pasta/spaghetti/marinara sauces–yes, these sauces are generally higher in carbs, and you need to make good choices. We have found that the Hunt’s Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce is less expensive at around $.90 cents, and for a half a cup comes in at 5 net Carbs per serving. This casserole should yield 10 servings and the macros are spread out across 10 servings. Also if you are concerned about sugar which we are as well, any tomato based sauce will have some sugar, keep in mind that tomatoes are a fruit and naturally have fructose, the trick to find a sauce that has minimal added sugar.
The idea behind this recipe is for a quick week night meal that you can enjoy, but also will be enjoyed by the entire family.
We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 4 cups Cooked Chicken Thighs Breast, or a rotisserie chicken can also work
- 1 tbsp Pesto Optional Step
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder Optional (To Taste)
- 1 tsp oregano Optional (To Taste)
- salt and pepper To Taste
- 1.5 cups Pasta Sauce Find the lowest carb available at a price point you can afford
- 1.5 cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- You will need to cups of cooked and cubed chicken. We prefer chicken thighs and used about 6 boneless thighs. A Rotisserie would also work for this dish to make it even quicker.
- Using a baking dish (we used a 2 quart); grease your dish with a keto friendly cooking spray (coconut, avocado, or olive oil)
- Spread your cooked chicken into you baking dish.
- Pour in your tomato sauces and mix well together.
- Add your seasonings. We used oregano, garlic powder and Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute (however any similar seasoning blend would work). Mix in your spices well. Also include salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese and mix in well.
Keto Bread Crumbs Mixture
- in a separate bowl mix 1/3 cup of blanched almond flour with 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle your keto bread crumb mix over the top of your casserole.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- When your casseroles begins to bubble, we recommend that you broil the top of your casserole for 2 - 3 minutes (Watch it very closely).
- Let rest for 20 minutes
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.