This weeks recipe is a Monterey Sausage Pie, the original version of this dish was definitely not keto, and the original dish called for the use of Bisquick. We have ketofied this recipe and replaced the Bisquick with a Low Carb (homemade) baking mix. The recipe for the Low Carb backing mix is also on the blog in a separate post.
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 cup of chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 Cups (10 Ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cup Low Carb Baking Mix (see Recipe)
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Prepare:
1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, red pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic’ cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. Deep-dish pie plate.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, keto baking mix, sage and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese: bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
MACROS per MyFitnessPAL
- CALORIES: 344 Calories
- Fat: 27g
- Carbs: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 2.4 g NET Carbs
- Protein: 21.2 g
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING THE KETO DIET, AND FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE INFORMATION OUT THERE!?
Some of the best information on starting the Keto Diet can be found at a site called Ruled.me. This site has lots of free information, but if you want a step by step plan I would suggest the Keto Academy Package. Here is some information on what you’ll receive. Consider using our affiliate link (just above) if interested in purchasing — thank you.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.