Keto Ranch Chicken Foil Packs
Keto Ranch Chicken Foil Packs
HELLO CJSKETOKITCHEN FAM! This week we bring you another delicious , easy to make and versatile Keto recipe; Keto Ranch Chicken Foil Packets.
This is recipe actually goes way back to Sarah’s childhood days. This is actually a converted recipe that we’ve made Keto. Traditionally this is made with potatoes, but because potatoes aren’t keto friendly we’ve replaced them with radishes. Yes, radishes believe it or not, radishes are a really good substitute for potatoes, they are pretty flavor neutral and take on the flavor of whatever they are cooked in after they get soft and tender. Several months after starting Keto I had a french fry and noticed that the potato actually had no taste, the taste was really associated with the salt and the oil more so than the actually potato.
This recipe is very versatile and you can take it multiple ways. You could use salmon, shrimp, pork, or beef, the options you are only limited by your imagination. This dish is great for keto meal prep. We made four packets, and it really is very easy to make. This dish could also be used on a BBQ or over a camp fire.
So the Ranch Butter was something new for me. When Sarah and I were discussing the recipe I pictured that she was making a Ranch Dressing, but I was surprised when she just used the seasoning blend. We purchased our seasonings from the bulk food section at a local super market, this is a very budget friendly option and you can get just the amount that you need for specific recipes. This dish was delicious and I took the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Get our free Keto Quick Start Guide
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Range Chicken and Bacon Foil Packs
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 bunches Radishes
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Cheese cheddar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
Range Seasoning and Ranch Butter
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tbsp Dried Dill
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°Place bacon slices and rendered grease in a skillet, add quartered radishes and sauté brieflyMelt butter, add two TB of the ranch powder to the melted butterPlace a quarter of the radishes in your foil, drizzle with ranch butter. Place 2 thighs on top. Season with a bit more of ranch powder if desired. Repeat. Fold packets. Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 45 minutes. Pull out foil packets and unwrap. Drain if necessary. Top with cheese and chives. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with additional chives and sour cream if desired
Prepare 4 sheets of foil approximately (16x16 inches) and lightly grease them with cooking spray
- Cook 5 slices of bacon or equivalent amount of bacon crumbles and in a skillet.
- Add your two bunches of radishes that you have cut into quarters. Let saute with bacon and in bacon grease for 5 minutes or so. The radishes will begin to soften and will take on the flavor of the bacon drippings.
Making Your Ranch Butter
- Add all of your seasonings (dill, tarragon, garlic...) into a bowl all of the seasonings together well.
- Once combined Add 2 tablespoons of your Ranch Powder to 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix and combine your seasoning blend into your melted butter. This is your Ranch Butter.
Assembling the Packets
- Take one sheet of greased foil and place about 1/4 of your cooked radishes in the center of your foil sheet.
- Drizzle with Ranch butter.
- Add 2 uncooked chicken thighs on top of your radishes, and season with more of your ranch powder if desired, and with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold aluminium foil to make a pouch ensuring that the edges are closed and tight. Repeat the above steps 4 times to make your additional packages.
- Place on a baking sheet, and place in a preheated 425 degree oven. Cook for 40 - 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove packets from oven and open. There will probably be liquid/water from the radishes. You will need to carefully drain the water from each packet.
- Once the water is drained. Leave your chicken packets open and sprinkle cheese evenly over every packet.
- Place in oven for 5 - 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and ENJOY!
CJSKETOKITCHEN OLD RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
This is a new section that hopefully we can begin doing every week. This will be a section where we highlight older recipes from YouTube and here on the blog. This weeks recipe is Keto Breakfast Skillet.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
Check out the Keto Academy! If you want real results on Keto this is some of the best information available.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.
Made this today, subsituted breast for thighs due to availability. Got a bit carried away with the ranch mix for seasoning, didn’t see where the salt & pepper came into the recipe, my reading skills can be sketchy lol. Didn’t have to drain anything. Next time I will, 1. brown bacon a bit more before adding radishes, patience, eh. 2. Less ranch mix. 3. Sear chicken momentarily before packaging stage. Have a great day, love your channel.
Glad they turned out. Feel free to experiment. And thanks for writing.