This weeks recipe is Keto Turkey Fricassee this is recipe #1 as part of our 2019 Keto Thanksgiving Recipe series. We know that there is absolutely no reason to not remain strong on keto during the holidays. All it takes is a little bit of planning and a willingness to try new things, however even many of the traditional Thanksgiving recipes can be modified and turned into Keto Low Carb friendly dishes that the entire family can enjoy. This recipe is originally from Delish.com and can also be made with chicken thighs, we modified this to make it keto safe and it was really delicious.
Fricassee is a classic and timeless French dish. Fricassee means “cut up meat”, this not the stuff of fancy restaurants, but more like the heritage of country cooks. It is rustic and simple. It doesn’t require precise measurements, but instead relies on quality ingredients, and a slow brazing technique for its savory and rich taste.
The meat is browned, then slowly sautéed with a mix of traditional vegetables in a white wine cream sauce. Use a good quality white drinking wine, I used Chardonnay, it really does increase the richness of the dish. Serving this amazing fricassee recipe with our creamy mashed cauliflower will help you to experience the fullness of French cuisine. Simple enough to be made during a weeknight, or impressive enough to share with your friends and family during the holidays.
The sauce in this dish is pure heaven you’ll want to pour it over everything. Serving the next day only intensifies the savory flavors.
I hope this recipe becomes a new favorite for you. It’s an excellent staple for any kitchen, and you can change the vegetables and herbs based on what you have on hand. This is a great way to jazz up that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
I took this for lunch for 2 days and just like a casserole, this actually got better over time as the flavors had time to meld. I’m looking forward to having this the day after Thanksgiving.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Turkey Fricassee
- 2 lbs. turkey thighs Leftover turkey
- 2 TB butter
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1/2 small carrot chopped (optional)
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms of choice
- 2 TB almond flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parsley chopped, sage, rosemary and thyme to taste, or fresh herbs of choice.
- Seasonings if desired
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum optional
- And a large high-sided skillet over medium heat melt your 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms and cook until soft about five minutes. Add chopped herbs and combine well. Add flour and cook one minute. Pour in wine and scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan and reduce wine by half, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth and cream and season if desired.
- Add your chopped meat to the pan and simmer until your meat is cooked through and your sauce is thickened 15 to 20 minutes. You may add some xanthan gum to ensure thickness, or cool overnight and serve next day for additional thickening. Sauce will thicken as it stands. Serve over our creamy cauliflower mash.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight one of our older videos and recipes it is a Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Stuffing.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.