This weeks recipe is Snickerdoodle No Bake Cookies. These are a delicious keto low carb recipe that ran across in a Keto cookbook that we were giving for Christmas. These are really easy to make, and as the name implies requires no baking, it’s also made with a lot of ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. These turned out great and even our kids enjoyed them.
The snickerdoodle has been around a long time. Depending on who you believe, the snickerdoodle came from Germany, or is Dutch in origin, or perhaps got its start in New England. According to one source, “The Joy of Cooking claims that snickerdoodles are probably German in origin, and that the name is a corruption of the German word Schneckennudeln, which means ‘snail dumpling.’ A different author suggests that the word ‘snicker’ comes from the Dutch word snekrad, or the German word Schnecke, which both describe a snail-like shape. Yet another theory suggests that the name comes from a New England tradition of fanciful, whimsical cookie names. There is also a series of tall tales about a hero named ‘Snickerdoodle’ from the early 1900s which may be related to the name of the cookie…..
Snickerdoodles are often an overlooked cookie, because they are rather simple. These healthier no-bakes, taste just like snickerdoodle cookie batter, but are low carb and keto friendly. They may not be the traditional version, but they are still a yummy sweet treat, or high fat energy boosting snack. They are soft and chewy with a delightful fresh cinnamon sugar taste. We ran across this recipe in a cookbook that Izzy gave us called “Keto for Life.” by Mellissa Sevigny. This is a great cookbook filled with lots of great Keto recipes.
These can be made in just minutes, and would also be a fun way to get your kids into the kitchen. Basically it’s like mixing up cookie dough, and getting to eat it right away! If you love cinnamon flavor, you’ll love these. The fresh ingredients make these creamy, buttery, and moist.
One of the best things about no bake cookie ideas, is that on this lifestyle we have most of the ingredients already on hand….
- Butter: Use really fresh creamy butter here…using salted butter insures the other flavors pop.
- Cream cheese: I always use Philadelphia brand….it really pays to spring for the name brand with this ingredient. It has the best macros, and the taste is consistent.
- Cinnamon: I used Ceylon cinnamon, and it really brought bright, rich flavor
- Coconut: I used coconut flakes that I had on hand from Trader Joe’s and ground it more fine in my food processor. Use whatever kind you enjoy, making sure that it’s unsweetened.
- Powdered natural sweetener is important for consistency and blendability. If you cannot find powdered, or you have no access to it at this time… You can blend granular natural sweetener in your blender or food processor and get the same affect.
I felt these no bakes need to be left at room temperature for serving….so definitely remove them from the fridge a little bit before enjoying them…..These can also be frozen.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
In all honesty I was bit surprised at how good these no bake cookies tasted. They are made with shredded unsweetened coconut and so I expected a lot of Coconut flavor. I’m not a huge fan of coconut for some reason, I really don’t know why…although I actually use to like the Almond Joy candy bars…I know that doesnt make a lot of sense. So I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn’t really filled with a lot of coconut flavor, in fact the coconut really was acting more like a binder and and providing texture for the cookie. I think our batch made almost 30 (29 to be exact) so they lasted around our house for almost a week. They held up well during this time, we refrigerate them but actually found that we liked them better when as room temperature. Because of the COVID-19 situation I’m working from home for my day job. I realized that the habit of snacking was coming back, mainly bought on by stress. I would grab a couple of these after lunch as a little dessert and they really were delicious, still not really with a huge coconut flavor. Unfortunately, one of our kids discovered these and devoured them…that always irritates me when people who aren’t doing Keto eat all of our keto foods (yes I’m radical about Keto!). These little no bake cookies held up well for 6 days, and tasted the same throughout. They were easy to make, and packed with Snickerdoodle flavor. We talked about maybe adding chopped pecans then next time we make these. Some of you are very skilled cooks, if you make another version let us see it over on Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Snickerdoodle No Bake Cookies | Keto | Low Carb
- Large mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone mat
- Taste the butter and cream cheese and a medium size bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- At the sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and baking soda… And beat for 10 more seconds. Stir in the shredded coconut by hand until fully combined.
- Use a one and a half tablespoon cookie dough scoop....and drop scoops onto the lined sheet. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to three months. Recipe can we halved if desired.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make No Bake recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.