This weeks recipe is Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Well this has quite a week at Cjsketokitchen filled with lots of challenges and at time stress. We started the week with CJ scrambling to get his taxes completed before he headed out on a business trip to Las Vegas. On the day of his departure CJ figured out that we had another problem with our Wednesday Keto Conversation video (this was the second week we’d had an issue, and it was Tuesday). This problem forced him to take his laptop to Vegas and learn a new video editing program on the fly– nothing like staying up until 1:00 A.M., on a business trip – but he got done! All of this forced us to push back when we filmed our weekly recipe until Friday (CJ got home Thursday night) more pressure. But it’s the life we’ve chosen and we love it! We love helping YOU succeed on Keto that why we do what we do. While C.J. was partying in Vegas (not), Sarah was at home trying to perfect this recipe – the final product turned out great! We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Here at CJ’s keto kitchen, it’s my goal to share classic dessert recipes with you, that I have tried my best to make keto lifestyle appropriate. Over-the-top desserts can be fun, but you just can’t beat a classic cookie recipe! So today I’m sharing my white chocolate macadamia nut cookie secrets with you. It took me several attempts to find just the right recipe and process!
These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies have slightly crisp edges with soft and chewy centers. Loaded with extra white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, these are guaranteed to be your new favorite cookie, and are a nice change from regular chocolate chip cookies. They have that coveted sweet/salty combo….with the creamy white chocolate balancing out the salty, buttery fat-laden goodness of macadamia nuts. Cookies and baking are a huge part of holiday traditions, so this is a perfect recipe for heading into that season.
Some tips I learned trying multiple recipes, and attempts:
1) Room temperature eggs and butter are ESSENTIAL
2) Once you mix up the cookie dough, you MUST let it chill.
this will ensure that the cookies don’t spread like crazy in the oven
white chips are finicky, by chilling the cookies
bake up thicker and taste better.
3) DO NOT OVERBAKE!! 8 minutes….press down slightly,
and bake two minutes more only….cookies may
seem slightly underdone, but they aren’t.
4) let cool on cookie sheet to fully cool down, if removed
too early they will crumble.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Medium mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar natural sweetener alternative We prefer Sukrin Gold
- 1 egg Room Temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp whey protein unflavored or vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz white chocolate chips low carb
- 5 oz macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- In medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sukrin gold with electric mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, whey powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix dry mix into wet mix.
- Mix in white chocolate and macadamia nuts with spoon. CHILL!
- After mixing your cookie dough you must let it chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- After chilling your cookie dough (minimum 30 minutes in refrigerator) Remove and begin next step.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of batter on silicone or parchment paper lined baking pans. Leave cookie balls rounded. *We suggest using a cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes slightly press down cookies (use your hand to lightly press down). Bake 2 more minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet until cooled completely. (DO NOT REMOVE FROM COOKIE SHEET!)
- Best served once completely cooled (they will be crumbly right after baking).
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular Mug cake recipe.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.