This weeks recipe is a Keto Cheese Danish. These are a delicious keto low carb tribute to the classic Cheese Danish that many of us loved before Keto. This recipe does take a bit of patience but it is not difficult. So if you’ve ever gone in a coffee shop to get a coffee and you long for that cheese danish you see in the display case, then this recipe’s got you covered.
Every once in a while, I crave something sweet and delicious to go with my coffee. Have you ever wandered into the break room on your coffee break, seeing a big box of Krispy Kreme, and questioned your decision to go on the ketogenic diet? Do you miss your favorite donut shop? Does going into Starbucks and staring at the pastry case make you jealous? Then this is absolutely the recipe for you. We’ve found several versions of Cheese Danishes online, this recipe is from UplateAnyway.com.
Even a great store-bought Danish will never taste as fresh as one you have baked yourself. Our streamlined process for making the dough minimize the work, while still giving you buttery, golden results.
They taste just as decadent as any breakfast sensation you’d find in a bakery or coffee shop.
It’s creamy and cheesy. The danish filling tastes just like cheesecake, and it’s drizzled with icing on top. From the flaky buttery crust to the creamy center, everything about this cheese danish is good, and undeniably a great idea.
This is a perfect summer party dessert… Easter brunch… Or a Mother’s Day treat. But, it’s also simple enough that it could be made and enjoyed on a regular weekend.
This is a three-part recipe. Each part is simple though! It helps to get everything prepped first, to avoid feeling overwhelmed. That’s generally what I do when I make a recipe.
I started with the filling, if you make sure your cream cheese is nice and soft you won’t even need to use an electric mixer. In fact I used my whisk for every part of this recipe except for the dough.
This stove is only slightly different than traditional fat head though. But it performed very well with little manipulation. The addition of parchment paper is truly essential here.
I made four very large danishes, but if I do it again, I would definitely halve it and make it smaller ones. In fact, I cut two and half later on to reserve more for CJ’s lunches. You could also make these into fancy folds, but I was too excited to eat them! LOL. So put on an apron, and let’s get baking!
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
I was really excited when Sarah told me she was going to attempt this recipe. I use to love cheese danishes, and I have to admit that sometime I long for one for just a second when I’m in my local Starbucks. These were great, and Sarah did a great job of working through the recipe when things didn’t go as planned. They held up very well, we did not refrigerate them but they only lasted two days. In hindsight we could have made them smaller and actually got 6 – 8 out of the recipe. We’d planned on making another batch and then the Coronavirus disrupted pretty much everything, but such is life and you move forward and adjust. Be safe, wash your hands and take the necessary precautions. Some of you are very skilled cooks, if you make another version with say a low carb berry let us see it over on Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Cheese Danish
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners erythritol
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Soften cream cheese and combine with lemon juice, vanilla, and sweetener and egg yolk using a whisk or electric mixer. Set aside in the fridge until you are ready with the dough.
- Measure out almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder. Combine well with a whisk.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter and add vanilla and sweetener. Stir.
- Melt cheese in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine all the ingredients and add an egg.
- Stir until batter is combined and the cheese and dough are completely mixed. Use your hands or a spatula to press and fold the cheese and the batter together. Reheat for 10 seconds in the microwave. Press and fold some more until 99% of the dough is all one color. (Tip-this gets sticky and if you wet your hands a little it helps tremendously. The water from your hands will stop the stickiness on the outside of the dough making it very easy to roll out.)
- Reheat dough for 10 seconds if it gets too firm....roll out into a square the approximate length of a rolling pin and slice into four quarters(8 smaller pieces could also be cut) with a pizza slicer.
- Pipe filling (or spoon it on top!) into the center of each danish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. (Check on this at 10 minutes and make sure to remove it from the oven as soon as it has a deep golden brown color! Keep an eye on it.
- Combine frosting ingredients and pipe on danish using a baggie cut in the corner.
- Serve warm or cold.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make Keto Brownies.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.