The best homemade Alfredo sauce is rich, creamy, and packed with garlic Parmesan flavor. This Alfredo sauce is easy to make and perfect with all of your favorite foods.
Simple ingredients for an elegant sauce that is a classic dish loved by all. This sauce just has a smooth creamy texture that melts in your mouth.
SO WHAT IS ALFREDO SAUCE?
Traditional Alfredo is a simple white/cream sauce. It is made from butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. While the original style is fantastic, I like to add garlic and seasonings, to make my Alfredo sauce taste even better.
IS IT KETO?
Yes! Simple ingredients for an elegant sauce that is a classic dish loved by all. This sauce just has a smooth creamy texture that melts in your mouth. And that’s very good news if you are following a low carb lifestyle. This can be a great recipe to enjoy while cutting back.
Even though it is keto and considered a low-carb recipe, it is still full on creamy, thick and rich… Plus it’s very easy to make and can be used in so many versatile ways.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
- Use a whisk instead of a rubber spatula when mixing… This helps to avoid separating your sauce.
- Don’t overheat your sauce. Slowly add your ingredients on low. Melted cheese can “break“ and separate once it gets too hot leaving your cheese clumpy.
- If you were worried about overheating, you can add your Parmesan with the heat off. This also helps to prevent separating.
- It’s best to start with room temperature cream, cold heavy cream can separate if it’s added to heat when it’s cold… You can either leave it out to get it to room temperature or you could put it in the microwave for a few seconds this also helps prevent separation.
- Using real Parmesan cheese is best. Powdered cheese will create a grainy texture and does not melt the way fresh Parmesan does. I do use and enjoy the powdered variety, but I usually use that inside the casserole and not to make my sauce.
- The Parmesan helps to thicken this sauce up. If it isn’t quite thick enough, allow the sauce to stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Easy Homemade Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 3 TB butter
- 2 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 5 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic or powdered equivalent
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh herbs optional
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.