Keto Candy Cane Cheesecake Bars
This week we are starting a short series of holiday recipes just before Christmas and we kick it off with a simple recipe for Keto Candy Cane Cheesecake Bars. This recipe can go two ways: 1) You could make a no bake version by excluding the crust or 2) Or by including the crust you add another flavor element with the crust. We opted to go with the almond flour crust.
We’ve actually made this twice since shooting the video for YouTube, the second time was for a office event for C.J., and the dish was a big hit even with “Carbies.” We topped it with sugar free candy cane bits, but that is totally optional. We also figured out that using a tooth pick or other thin type object for the swirl part works a bit better than the knife. Anyway as with any recipe, use it as a starting point and feel free to experiment. This turned out to be a very cool and refreshing after dinner dessert–ENJOY!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Candy Cane Cheesecake Bars
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 oz Butter
- 1 Tbsp Artificial Sweeteners
- 20 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 12 Oz Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sweetener
- 1 1/2 Tsp Peppermint extract
- Red Food coloring 5 or 6 drops
- Crushed Sugar Free Peppermint Optional
- Combine crust ingredients
- Press into parchment paper lined 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let Cool
- Combine cream cheese and butter, beat with hand mixer to combine.
- Add sweetener. Continue beating until fluffy and well incorporated. Add mint extract and combine well.
- Add filling to cooled crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle drops of red food coloring onto surface of filling. Using a toothpick or knife, swirl to make a red and white design. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars. Makes 16 (2-inch squares). *May cut larger if desired, but macros will be different.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.