This weeks recipe is Keto Christmas Cauliflower Casserole, this is recipe #1 as part of our 2019 Keto Christmas Recipe series. We believe that there is no reason to not remain strong on keto during the holidays. All it takes is a little bit of planning and a willingness to try new things, however even many of the traditional holiday recipes can be modified and turned into Keto Low Carb friendly dishes that the entire family can enjoy. This is a delicious casserole which actually gets better over time, it’s very versatile and you could experiment with it and take it in many different variations.
This weeks recipe is the first in our Christmas seasonal series going all month long in December.
First up we have a cauliflower casserole with bacon… It is not only worthy of Christmas, one of Foods’s biggest days of the year, but it’s also a great side dish to be made at a future time whenever you need something for a dinner party or just an easy weeknight option.
With tender cauliflower florets interlaced with indulgent, melting pockets of cream cheese, cheddar, and crispy bacon, this loaded cauliflower casserole can’t help but win rave reviews( and second helpings) at your special dinners.
Why cauliflower casserole has all the best qualities of a Christmas side dish:
- it’s indulgent, though as you can see, it is a healthy casserole alternative compared to the competition usually served during this season.
- It can be scaled up for a large crowd or halved for a smaller one.
- The ingredients can be prepared in advance, a key to protecting your sanity on the day of the feast.
- It pairs well with other side dishes, and multiple types of meat.
My inspiration for this dish came from a “taste of home” recipe, although it was not ketogenic. And it is a great mash up of two classic comfort food recipes cauliflower au gratin, and loaded baked potatoes.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
We had this a couple of times after making it, the recipe goes a long way and serves 12 (6 oz) servings. The flavor actually improved over time. We added bacon but you could easily add green onions or other items to make this recipe truly your own.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Christmas Cauliflower Casserole
- 3 lbs cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup ground pork rinds
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook cauliflower according to package directions; drain. If using fresh ,cook and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cheese, bouillon and mustard until blended. Stir in cauliflower; add cooked crumbled bacon. Transfer to a greased 9 x 13“ baking dish.
- Melt butter. In a small bowl, add to ground pork rinds, flour, and Parmesan cheese mixing well. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned. May broil for 1 to 2 minutes, to aid in browning crumb topping.
- Let rest for 10 - 15 minutes, then enjoy!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight one of our older videos and recipes it is a
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.