HELLO CJSKETOKITCHEN FAM! This week we bring you another delicious recipe. Here is a delicious keto meal great for week nights and excellent for keto meal prep. This is a two meat keto meatball receipe and it comes in at 1 carb for 3 meatballs. The recipe is versatile and can be made many ways. We made an Italian style meatball but you could make this with a Asian flare, or on kebab’s. These also freeze very well.
So this is one of those simple keto recipes, but actually something that we’d never made since we’ve been on Keto. Sarah use to make these back in her high carb days, and I also enjoyed a good meatball spaghetti every so often. One day Sarah asked what I wanted for dinner and I said “meatballs.” So this recipe calls for two types of ground meat, we used a 80/20 ground beef and ground pork, this is just to increase the dishes flavor profile, the combination of the pork and beef gives it a nice mild flavor. We seared the meatballs in the skillet on two sides and then baked in the oven. The sear locks in the juices of the meat, and adds a nice crunch to the meatballs.
This is a handy recipe to have in your keto arsenal. We used a low carb marinara sauce, but you could take these meatballs in many different directions; Asian, barbecue, spicy, Italian or an Alfredo sauce, just let your imagination go wild. The addition of the grated Parmesan cheese acts sort of like traditional bread crumbs that are often used in meatballs to help bind them together. These are flavorful and really delicious. The recipe makes 25- 30 meatballs depending on how big you make them. We hope you enjoy this, and by the way the whole family will enjoy these!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
This is a new section that hopefully we can begin doing every week. This will be a section where we highlight older recipes from YouTube and here on the blog. This weeks recipe is Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef We prefer 80/20
- 2 lbs Ground Pork *you could also use lamb or another ground meat, or just use the ground beef alone
- 1 tbsp Oregano we recommend fresh
- 1 tbsp thyme we recommend fresh
- 1/4 cup purple onion Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute Our any all purpose seasoning blend
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- In a large bowl combine your two meats together. Add your spices and mix well.
- Add 1 egg, 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese and 1/4 cup of heavy cream and then combine well (your clean hands is the best tool)
- Begin forming your meatballs, we used a ice cream scoop but your can do these by hand. Place each meatball In a preheated and greased pan.
- Brown/sear your meatball on one side. Turn when thoroughly browned and a nice seared crust forms. Do the same on the other side of your meatball.
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Once you've seared two sides of your meatballs, remove them from your skillet and place on a foiled lined and sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and either serve, or add the keto/low carb friendly sauce of your choose.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.