Keto Stuffed Peppers
This week we bring you another super simple traditional dish that we’ve Ketofied. This week we present: Keto Stuffed Peppers. They are super simple, delicious and another recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Of course Stuffed Peppers aren’t a new dish, I used to make these before the Keto diet, except mine would be filled with meat tomato sauce and probably either white rice, quinoa or maybe even corn. Most of those filler are higher and carbs so they aren’t good for a keto version of the dish.
We used a combination of two meats. Blending Italian Sausage with 80/20 ground beef. For our recipe we are counting a serving size as a 1/2 of pepper.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Ground Beef 80/20
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 cup chopped bell peppers Just finely chopped up the tops of peppers
- 5 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 Can Hunts Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce Or any brand of very low carb tomato sauce
- 1 cup Italian Cheese Blend (shredded)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Garlic Powder, Italian Blend Seasoning, or other seasonings of your choice
Lets Prepare our Peppers
- Cut off the tops of your Bell Peppers and remove the seeds
- Place your cleaned Bell Peppers in a casserole dish or a steamer dish. Add a little water - don't cover them, just enough to be able to steam them when you add to microwave.Cover your peppers tightly with plastic if you are using a casserole dish; or seal in steamer dish.Steam in Microwave for 5 minutes! Remove when done.***BE CAREFUL WHEN OPENING THE CONTAINER OR REMOVING THE PLASTIC THE STEAM WILL BE HOT!!!**Set aside your peppers for stuffing
How to Prepare Your Stuffing
- Cook your ground sausage and ground beef. Using a spoon break/chop the meat into very fine pieces.
- Add in your finely chopped onions and bell peppers - incorporate well and let simmer
- Add 1 Can of the lowest carb pasta sauce you can find and afford (we used the Hunts Garlic and Herb)Let your meat and ingredients simmer for 5 - 10 minutes *make sure that you have throughly cooked it.
Lets Stuff Our Peppers
- Optional Step: We like to set our peppers on a layer of meat at the bottom of the casserole dish - this is totally optional.
- Begin stuffing each pepper.Stand and place each pepper in your casserole dish (the first one will be the toughest to get to stand up)
- Pre-Heat Over to 375 Degrees
- Generously cover your peppers with your Italian and Mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done
- Remove from stove and let cool for 15 - 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
PRODUCTS FROM THIS VIDEO
ESTIMATED MACROS PER MYFITNESS PAL
- Makes 10 Servings
- Serving Size: 1/2 Pepper
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 18g
- Carbs: 8g
- 3 Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 26.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.