Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole at Cjsketokitchen! This is a easy to make family style Keto comfort casserole, it combines the classic flavors of a cheeseburger but of course without the bun. You and your family will love this recipe, I know that our sure did. This is a versatile recipe with all sorts of keto and non-keto versions all over the internet, with the non keto version it is often made with some sort of pasta, often with keto versions people include cauliflower. Our version could also be considered carnivore friendly because of how it’s made. This is one of those dishes were you can make it fast, so it’s great for busy weeknights. We hope that you enjoy it!
CJ and I just love bunless burgers… We eat them nearly every week. But sometimes you just need a burger shake up! Here’s where this casserole comes in… First of all there’s no patties to form or flip. All you need to do is cook some ground beef in a skillet with some onion, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard and a simple sauce. Then throw it in a large baking dish cover with cheese and bake it until golden. The combination of ground beef, bacon and cheese makes his casserole pure comfort food .I love how creamy the cheese is when it melts. There’s melted cheese in the casserole itself, and a thick layer on top for lots of cheesiness.
Everyone loves a good cheeseburger, and this cheeseburger casserole is like your favorite burger served up in casserole form. It’s a simple mix of ingredients and takes just minutes to put together, but the end result is a comfort food classic that’s sure to be a hit!
It taste even better dressed up with a little dill pickle and spicy harissa burger sauce… One bite, and you’ll see that it’s completely addictive. Your kids will love it. This family friendly casserole is a fun, easy, and inexpensive way to serve dinner for a crowd (The recipe is easily doubled or tripled).
Feel free to swap the Colby Jack cheese, for whatever type of cheese you prefer, such as Swiss or cheddar.
I love making casseroles, they are easy, feed a family, and can be reheated for lunches. It’s basically a whole meal in one casserole dish. As an added plus this dish makes for a super convenient weekday meal option. You can even prepare it in advance and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve dinner.
A few tips:
- For spices, this area is almost completely up to you. I chose black ground pepper, onion and garlic powder‘s all blended together in a gourmet burger seasoning blend. You can also use some type of steak seasoning, which is delicious on meat. Use your preference.
- Once this comes out of the oven, top with chopped pickles and serve warm.
- I found browning my onions in the rendered bacon was convenient and flavorful.
- You could use any type of ground meat, it need not be beef.
We topped this with harissa burger sauce. It truly gives it that added zing! Really a “special sauce“ if you will.
If you’ve never heard of harissa, it’s a north African chili pepper paste it has roasted red peppers, spices, and herbs. It’s beautifully fragrant and a stunning red orange shade. It’s not super hot, but you could omit it and just use mayo and ketchup if you preferred.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
Well this isn’t the only Keto Cheeseburger Casserole on our channel! My daughter Izzy and I made a version that we found over on Papa G’s channel. It was also good, but a totally different recipe. I’ve always found the idea of Cheeseburger Casseroles to be appealing, so when Sarah was looking for ideas the said “cheeseburger casserole.” This version of the recipe also includes bacon which in our opinion makes everything taste better. We generally shoot our videos on Thursday nights, not sure why but it seems to be the sweet spot in our busy lives. This casserole was actually our dinner. Again, just like most casseroles it tasted better the next day, it’s something about the flavors melding together as it sits. In my opinion the Harissa burger sauce really adds to this dishes flavor profile, although it is totally optional. Harissa, is one of those things that we got turned on too from watch “Beat Bobby Flay.” So we ordered a jar and absolute love it. We like spicy food, and the next day I jacked up the special sauce a bit to give it even more zing. Give it try, experimenting with new foods will help you be able to sustain a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle for a long time. This was really delicious and our kids enjoyed it as well. I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked crumbled, approximately 8 slices
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce approximately 3 splashes
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard approximately 2 squirts
- 2 tbsp sugar-free ketchup approximately 2 squirts
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheese Grated
- Burger seasoning to taste
- 4 dill pickles diced
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Cook your ground beef in a skillet on medium heat breaking it into chunks. Drain.
- Warm your bacon crumbles in a bit of rendered bacon fat or butter… Add 1/4 of a chopped onion to bacon to sauté until translucent.
- Add the 2 ounces of softened cream cheese into your warm beef.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, heavy cream, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce… And seasonings. Whisking well to combine.
- In a 9x9 inch baking dish, place beef, bacon onion mixture, stir in sauce, coating evenly. Add half the cheese. Stir again. Sprinkle with remaining cheese to top casserole.
- Bake for 17 to 18 minutes… Broiling the last one or two minutes if desired. Remove from oven and let’s sit 15 minutes before serving. Top with diced pickles.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.