There’s nothing quite like a perfectly golden brown and crispy piece of chicken – especially when it’s highlighted with the bold yet welcome flavors of parmesan cheese!
You get a tender, juicy interior surrounded by that cheesy, slightly crunchy exterior that’s been baked to golden deliciousness in the oven. Talk about a delicious chicken dinner!
And if that wasn’t enough… Try topping it with a scrumptious and savory smoked bacon gravy. My mouth is watering just writing this.
It’s a restaurant quality dish to be enjoyed in the comfort of your home.
Parmesan crusted chicken is a great dish to add to your repertoire. It’s easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner but also elegant enough for company, and it appeals to the whole family.
Kids especially love it because it bears some resemblance to chicken fingers.
Oh, Did someone say bacon? Awaken your taste buds and enjoy the rich, smoky bacon flavor of this easy to make gravy!
A FEW TIPS:
• Use an oven rack! Metal roasting racks or oven-safe cooling racks are ideal because they lift the chicken off of the surface of the pan. Doing this allows air to reach all sides of the chicken and allows for extra crisping.
• Cook at a higher temperature. I like 400. The higher temp helps lock in moisture in the chicken and also helps to crisp up the breading, avoiding the unsavory situation of dried out, overdone chicken and soggy breading.
• Broil it at the end. If your breading isn’t quite as crispy as you’d like once the chicken is done, don’t continue baking it for too long or you will risk drying out the meat. Instead, flip the oven over to the broiler and broiler for a minute or two to finish adding some color and crisp on the breading.
• Pound it. If your chicken thighs are super thick(or you choose to use breasts), and especially if they vary in thickness, pound them to an even thickness before baking. This ensures that you don’t end up with dried out areas before the thicker areas are fully cooked and also allows for a shorter cook time overall.
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Smoked Bacon Gravy
Crispy Parmesan Chicken:
- 6 chicken thighs boneless, skinless (pounded flat)
- 4 TB mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
Crispy Parmesan Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pound 6 chicken thighs as thin as possible. Pat dry. Coat thighs on both sides with mayonnaise.
- Coat both sides evenly with shredded Parm.
- Place on a metal rack placed on a baking tray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes. Broil for crispness if desired.
Smoked Bacon Gravy:
- In a small saucepan, Render bacon until warm. Reserve drippings. If using premade bacon, start with bacon drippings in a saucepan.
- Add softened cream cheese, whisk to thin. Add cream to saucepan. Combine well smoothing out lumps. Heat slowly, Add seasonings. When heated through, add cheese whisking constantly until smooth. Add liquid smoke. Return bacon to gravy.
- Serve warm over crispy chicken.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.