This creamy Cajun-inspired casserole gets its irresistible flavor from smoky Andouille, golden shrimp and creamy cauliflower rice.
This casserole will keep you full and satisfied with it rich and subtle spice.
It has similar flavors and ingredients as traditional jambalaya, but it’s a slightly scaled back, simplified version made low-carb and keto friendly. Perfect for quick weeknight dinner.
And the best part? The leftovers are SO GOOD. So feel free to add this tasty casserole to your meal prep rotation.
Even those of us who love to cook (even those of us who cook and recipe develop for a living!) can start to feel weighed down by the grind. And many of us are working with limited pantries and limited budgets.
We are all hoping for more quick and easy and inexpensive meals that take minutes to prepare and that’s why I love casseroles so much! We hope you will love it too!
I used Andouille sausage, which is a smoked pork sausage commonly used in Louisiana cooking.
If you can’t find any in your area you can use any smoked sausage in its place.
Shrimp is a favorite at our house, but you can omit it if you don’t care for seafood.
I used a combination of red and green pepper for color.
I like to toast my cauliflower rice in the skillet with my other ingredients to give it more flavor before baking.
I definitely recommend using frozen cauliflower rice. It’s convenient, readily available and inexpensive.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Keto Jambalaya Casserole
- 1 lb. andouille sausage or any smoked sausage; sliced
- 1 lb. shrimp raw; peeled; deveined
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup beef broth or seafood broth
- 6 cups riced cauliflower cooked
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage. Add chopped onions and pepper. Lightly sauté. Add cooked riced cauliflower to skillet. Allow flavors to combine. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and broth. Stir well to combine. Add seasonings. Stir again.
- Add sausage and veggies to a 9x13 greased casserole dish. Add shrimp. Coat well with sauce. Add 3/4 of the cheese. Stir in to combine. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.