Bring on summertime and sunshine with this hot red, Strawberry Pie!
It is strawberry season and you know I had to create a recipe that has all the goods in it. I wanted something sweet but also comforting. Strawberries are definitely one of my favorites.
With Father’s Day right around the corner, I thought it would be a ideal time to debut this beauty.
In my early 20’s when I first got into baking, I found a land o’ lakes cookbook at a yard sale. It had some fabulous recipes that I grew to adore. My memories are so fond that I have tried to recreate many of them in ketogenic fashion, and this beloved pie is one!
Every bite is filled with strawberries and a light, flakey crust that melts in your mouth when combined all together.
This Strawberry Pie is irresistible. Just a warning, it won’t last long! This is a great dessert for holidays, Fourth of July coming up and any family gatherings or potlucks that need a special dessert.
Why this is the BEST Strawberry Pie Recipe
You will love this easy pie for so many reasons:
- It’s completely from scratch – from the pie crust to the filling
- Made with jello or gelatin – the fruit makes it’s yummy filling
- Great way to use up fresh spring or summer strawberries(or any berry)
- Fun and bright for summer or holidays
Are berries ketogenic?
Strawberries are nutritious, delicious, and brimming with health benefits.
Low in carbs and high in fiber, strawberries can fit seamlessly into a low carb or ketogenic diet.
In fact, a 1-cup (152-gram) serving of strawberries provides just 11.7 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber .
Strawberries are an excellent source of other micronutrients as well, including vitamin C, manganese and folate.
Plus, like other types of berries, strawberries are loaded with antioxidants, such as anthocyanins, ellagic acid, and procyanidins.
Strawberry Pie Tips:
- Use the freshest strawberries you can find
- I like to cut my strawberries in different sizes to make a more attractive pie.
- Two days seemed to be the “sweet spot” for the lasting power of this pie. Because this pie is so fresh, it has no thickeners or preservatives to prolong it’s shelf life.
- It was ready to eat in 4 hours, but was better set up if left overnight.
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
This pie was tasted very good. Very fresh and delicious with all natural ingredients. With that being said two to three days is the max for full flavor and freshness. It’s just the nature of using no preseratives in your dessert. I look forward to when Sarah makes another one, and we hope you enjoy it as well.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 6 TB butter melted
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar alternative optional
- Combine crust ingredients. Press crust into a 9 inch pie dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1/2 lb of strawberries. Mash berries to create a puree. Add 1/2 cup of your sweetener and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a low simmer.
- In a separate saucepan. Bring 1/2 cup of water and 1/3 cup sweetener to a boil. Remove from heat. Whisk in gelatin. Set aside while crust cools.
- Combine the strawberry slurry and gelatin mixture. Pour into cooled crust. Arrange remaining strawberries over the mixture. Let cool a minimum of 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- Serves 10
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.