This weeks recipe is Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Donuts this is recipe #2 as part of our 2019 Keto Thanksgiving Recipe series. We know that there is absolutely no reason to not remain strong on keto during the holidays. All it takes is a little bit of planning and a willingness to try new things, however even many of the traditional Thanksgiving recipes can be modified and turned into Keto Low Carb friendly dishes that the entire family can enjoy. This recipe will truly get you into the holiday spirit. These delicious donuts would be a great holiday dessert for your holiday guest before and after Thanksgiving.
November is the season of the pumpkin. With their warm orange color, pleasingly moist texture, and delightful pumpkin flavor, these baked donuts are the perfect crisp autumn day treat.
I’ve always loved donuts… I love the taste, how they melt in your mouth, and make you feel like a kid again.
If you thought you could never have donuts again because you were practicing the keto lifestyle, you’re in for a surprising treat. It’s also nice to be able to indulge every once in a while, especially during the holiday seasons when it seems everyone else is treating themselves.
Have you ever had pumpkin flavored something, and then not tasted the pumpkin? You won’t find that here. These have a delicious 100% real pumpkin flavor and lots of pumpkin spice. I topped my donuts with a delicious maple cream cheese glaze, but these would be equally fantastic just dusted with cinnamon and natural sweetener.
Reasons why you will love these pumpkin donuts:
- They’re baked, not fried
- They make the perfect size batch not too big and not too small
- They have a nice cake donut texture.
- They are pretty easy, and are ready in a short amount of time.
- They are perfectly spiced and delicious plain, but awesome with glaze.
I really recommend silicone donut molds, and allowing sufficient cooling times. Also, using a food storage bag, really helps get the batter into the molds quickly.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
So these donuts lasted for about 4 days at home. And they remained moist and flavorful the entire time. We would heat them in the microwave for about 10 – 12 seconds to knock of the chill because we kept them refrigerated. But they were definitely, moist and delicious. I look forward to when Sarah can make another batch.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Donuts
FOR THE DONUTS
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oat fiber, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a bowl and whisk together, then set aside.
- Whip up the egg whites until you have soft peaks. Add the swerve and wet ingredients to a separate bowl and mix. Then fold in the egg whites until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix by hand.
- Scoop into a piping bag (or food storage bag), cut off the tip and pipe into a silicone donut pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Wet your fingers and smooth out the tops a little.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean. Then allow to cool on a wire rack while you make the glaze.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZE
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and gently heat in the microwave to soften, but do not completely melt it. Add in the maple and vanilla extracts, then the powdered confectioners natural sweetener (according to the level of sweetness you prefeand heavy cream. Add more heavy cream or hot water as needed to get your desired consistency.
- Dip the donuts and return to rack to set. Refrigerate if desired....may double dip if more glaze is desired..
- Serves 12
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other Keto recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight one of our older videos and recipes it is a Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse.
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.