Keto Pork Verde Chili
Keto Pork Verde (Green) Chili
Happy New Year! Well the first week of the 2019 is over and hopefully your doing well on your Keto Diet. This week we bring you a very delicious and easy to make Keto Pork Verde (Green) Chili, this recipe is simple to make and very versatile. It can easily be made on a week night and will be a dish that your whole family (Keto or not) will enjoy.
Although we made this version with Pork it could very easily be substituted with a rotisserie chicken. We also spiced ours up with jalapeño which is optional but added a nice flavor level. The ground Cumin really gives this an authentic Latin flavor. We used canned Salsa verde but you could easily use a jar. This recipe will serve 10 – 12 people. We hope that you enjoy it.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Get our free Keto Quick Start Guide
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Basic Tips to Understand the Keto Diet | The Keto Diet Simplified
Keto Portk Verde Chili
- 1 LB Shredded Pork (cooked) Chicken may be substituted
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup White Onion (diced finely)
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper (diced finely)
- 7 Oz Can of Green Chilies
- 7 Oz Salsa verde Can or a jar
- 1 tbsp Diced jalapeño OPTIONAL
- 1.5 Cup Chicken Broth
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or other large saucepan.
- Add green pepper and onions. Sauté until softened.
- Add cooked pork (or other shredded meat) warm through. Stirring occasionally.
- Add seasoning and incorporate well.
- Add chilies and salsa verde (diced jalapeño is desired)
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boiling simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to incorporate your flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in melted (softened) cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Simmer on low until flavors have incorporated, stirring occasionally.
- OPTIONAL STEPS:Garnish with cilantro, shredded cheese and avocado if desired.
- Serves 10 to 12 people.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
Check out the Keto Academy! If you want real results on Keto this is some of the best information available.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.
This is a really good dish, will keep making it.. can be served over cauliflower rice.