Ahhh, it’s the most wonderful time of year. Thanksgiving is over and even though next day leftover turkey with all the fixins’ are a gift from the gods, there’s only so many of them we can manage to shovel down our to our bellies.
That’s why here at cjsketokitchen I’m determined to leverage our leftovers as best I can, in as many different ways as possible.
Every Thanksgiving, I make it a point to try to make a dish utilizing leftovers. This years recipe is a really warm hug of keto comfort.
Let’s make a pot pie, since I know you all have leftover Thanksgiving turkey in your fridge to use up!
This pot pie recipe works great with chicken or turkey and why not put that turkey to good use by making a delicious pot pie for dinner?
If you’re tired of leftovers and ready for something new then….
This homemade turkey Pot Pie is classic comfort food and will warm you up. It’s a show-stopping dish with a flaky crust, saucy turkey and vegetables.
If you’ve never tried a homemade savory pot pie, you are in for a treat. Watch our video tutorial and see how easy it is. Granted, this pie crust has it’s challenges….almond flour has no gluten. Meaning it has ZERO stretch. Buuuuuuuut, even an uneven “rustic” look turned out fabulously.
We’re not trying to break the mold with this easy turkey pot pie recipe. Quite the opposite.
We wanted to craft a homey, classic, comforting pot pie that you can make in no time flat, but still keep it low carb!
I decided to only make one crust to make it simpler for beginners and busy holiday households.
I really enjoy pioneer woman’s recipes, and especially love her cookware and dishes.
I made use of only of my most beautiful casserole dishes, but you can use a pie dish if you prefer.
CJ’s FOLLOW UP TASTE TEST:
This dish was incredible! Wow! The flavor was great and our whole family enjoyed it. I use to be a fan of pot pies, and never thought you could do one for Keto. We hope you enjoy it.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Keto Turkey Pot pie
Pot pie crust
pot pie filling:
- 1 TB butter
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup turnips peeled; diced into cubes; rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp herbal seasoning blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp thyme fresh chopped
- 1 tsp sage leaves fresh chopped
- 1/2 cup peas and carrots frozen
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 lbs. turkey cooked; chopped
Pot pie crust:
- In a large bowl combine almond flour and butter, using a pastry blender or fingers mix in softened butter until crumbly.
- Add salt and egg whites until a dough forms. Stir in cheese.
- Using parchment paper, or two silicone mats, roll out dough with a rolling pin to cover the approximate size of the top of your chosen baking dish.
- Place in the fridge while preparing your filling.
Pot pie filling:
- Heat a large pan with your butter, Sauté your turnips and mushrooms until slightly softened. Add chicken broth, cream cheese, and heavy cream and your seasonings. Simmer with lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in xanthan gum. Stir in peas and carrots. Add salt to taste.
- Pour your filling into your baking dish. Take out chilled dough. Careful roll onto your filling. Go slowly. Dough is soft and not elastic because of no gluten.
- Fill in cracks and blank spots with wet fingers until desired look is achieved.
- Brush with egg wash(water and egg yolk from reserved whites) if desired. Cut slits in top to release steam.
- Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.