Hearty White Turkey Chili filled with warming chilies, turkey (or chicken), onion, garlic, herbs and spices. The perfect hearty recipe for the day after Thanksgiving, when you have so much meat left you don’t know what to do with!
It’s so easy to turn leftovers into a hearty meal that everyone loves. Especially when turning those leftovers into something EASY with minimal cooking and zero effort.
I mean, after the cooking marathon that is Thanksgiving, the last thing you want is to be trapped in the kitchen with MORE cooking.
To make this Turkey Chili recipe as simple as possible with minimal prep work after all the tiring prep work from thanksgiving week, I have tried to keep this recipe as easy as possible. If you’re as tired as I am, you need the break!
Have you ever had white chili? It’s called white chili because instead of what you find in the usual chili con carne, it uses white broth, white meat, and mild green chiles. It’s absolutely delicious with low carb tortilla chips!
Now just because I have a special place in my heart for leftover turkey, doesn’t mean you can’t go out to the grocery store and grab some turkey and make this delicious, hearty chili tonight.
The last time I made this healthy white turkey chili recipe at home, I didn’t have any leftover turkey sitting around, so I roasted turkey thighs in the oven.
You could also find it already roasted at the grocery store, or you could use rotisserie chicken in a pinch.
• Avocado – Adding avocado gives the soup an extra creaminess.
• Green Onions – Dice up a few additional onions and sprinkle on top of the soup for an extra kick of flavor.
• Jalapenos – Diced or sliced jalapenos will go perfectly with paleo white turkey chili.
• Tomato – Ripe fresh chopped tomatoes are always good as a topping for soup!
• Green Peppers – I love the crunch of the fresh green peppers.
• Cilantro- We love this flavorful herb here in our house
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Keto White Turkey Chili
- 4 cups turkey cooked; chopped
- 4 TB butter
- 2 TB chili seasoning cumin, chili powder, garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp siracha optional
- 2 TB salsa verde optional
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 8 oz green chilies two 4 oz. cans
- In a medium sized bowl, season chopped meat with salt, pepper, and chili seasonings.
- In a stockpot, melt butter. Saute onions and garlic until softened.
- Add cream cheese and blend until melted. Add cream and broth.
- Add turkey, cheese, and green chilies. Season with salsa and siracha if desired.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serves warm.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.