Sugar-Free Low Carb English Toffee
This week we bring you the 4th recipe in our series of 4 holiday Keto and Low Carb recipes. This week we present Sugar-Free Low Carb English Toffee. This is a simple recipe, but it does require a bit of patience but the end result is well worth the wait. This toffee would make a great gift for family or friends, or its a nice sweet treat for the holiday seasons. You do not have to feel deprived because you are doing keto–we certainly don’t!
Lets talk about sugar free chocolate options. We live a in a pretty urban area and realize however that many of our readers or viewers on YouTube do not. We recommend Lily’s chocolate chips, they are made with stevia and sugar free they can be purchased in some grocery stores and of course on Amazon.com. We made a batch of this toffee using the Hershey’s Sugar Free chocolate chips. However, our issue with these are they are made with “maltitol” which is a sweetener that has been shown to make your body respond just like it was real sugar, we personally try and limit our intake of maltitol, and we could definitely taste a much higher sweetness level. Another option would be to use a bakers chocolate or even a sugar free candy bar, our first plan when making these was to use two of the Lily’s Milk Chocolate bars, unfortunately our local Whole Foods was out of them for some reason. Anyway, another option might be to leave the chocolate layer off completely. Anyway you go it will still be delicious.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Sugar-Free Low Carb English Toffee
- 3/4 Cup Erithritol Sweetener (Swerve) We use the “So Nourished” brand
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Eryritol If you dont have powdered trying blending your granular sweetner in a food processor or coffee grinder
- 1/2 Cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips We strongly suggest using Lily’s Stevia/Erythritol chips *zero Maltetol
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Toasted chopped macadamia nuts Or other toasted nuts, that you prefer. We used roasted pecans
- Line a 8x 8 or 9x13 inch pan with foil.In a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, combine your sweetener and butter and stir until your sweetener is dissolved.Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until the mixture darkens to a deep amber color (about 5 - 7 minutes)
- Remove from burner and stir in your vanilla extract and salt (be careful on this step). If the mixture appears to be separating, stir in 2 tbsp of powdered sweetener until it comes back together.Pour mixture into prepared pan.Let cool completely
Adding the Sugar-Free Chocolate Layer
- Using a microwave slowly melt your chocolate chips (do this in 20 - 30 second intervals). Once melted gentle spread over the cooled toffee.Sprinkle with your chopped nuts and refrigerate until set.Remove when set.ENJOY!
ESTIMATED MACROS PER MYFITNESS PAL
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 109
- Fat: 12g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
ITEMS TO PURCHASE FROM THIS VIDEO:
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.