This chicken Alfredo bake is crispy delicious chicken and a creamy sauce tossed with some fresh cauliflower then topped with cheese and baked to perfection. A comfort food classic that’s perfect for feeding a crowd, making food prep, or a simple dinner for two.
This ultra creamy and decadent chicken Alfredo will leave no one able to resist all that gooey melted cheese. Alfredo is a classic dish for a good reason… Everyone adores the combination of garlic infused creamy sauce and crispy seasoned chicken. It’s a simple and hearty dish that will make it to your table in no time
This recipe starts with a homemade garlic cream sauce which I have made keto… And only takes a few minutes, but it is worth the wait. You can of course use a jarred sauce if you prefer. After that you put in your ingredients make your dish until the cheese is melted and browned and enjoy.
TIPS FOR KETO CHICKEN ALFREDO BAKE:
- You can use any kind of cooked chicken. This recipe works great with roasted chicken, shredded chicken… Chicken thighs, chicken breasts, or even with a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I used my air fryer, which I adore! Easy and crispy. Yum!
- Feel free to use your favorite keto pasta instead of the cauliflower if you prefer.
- You can use an Italian blend cheese… My grocery store didn’t have one so I just used a combination of grated Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. You could use cheddar if you wanted but it’s really beautiful keeping a creamy white consistency by using all white cheese.
- You can make the homemade Alfredo sauce in advance. If you’re short on time, you can also use a high-quality Alfredo pasta sauce from the grocery store. Bertolli‘s brand is only two carbs.
Shrimp: you can replace all of the chicken with shrimp for a seafood version of this dish. Salmon would also be good here.
You could add vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms… Etc.
The salty and indulgent flavors of bacon and prosciutto would be excellent in this bake.
Fresh herbs are fantastic here. I used a bit of fresh oregano, but parsley thyme or basil would also be stellar.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
This casserole was delicious right out the gate, and got better as it sat. Our daughter Izzy loved it and ate off of it for several days. I enjoyed the leftovers the next day and of course with most bakes/casseroles it did get better with time. Since 2021 started I’ve been pretty consistently doing almost full carnivore and this dish could easily be a carnivore recipe if you removed the cauliflower. We hope you enjoy it. Post your versions, on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 9 x 13 baking dish
Homemade Alfredo Sauce:
- 3 TB butter
- 2 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 5 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic or powdered equivalent
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh herbs optional
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesSteam the cauliflower if necessary, and drain well. Chop into bite sized pieces.Chop cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
Prepare your alfredo sauce:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add heavy cream.Allow heavy cream to heat fully. Whisk as needed to incorporate butter. You’ll know it’s time to move to the cheese when your sauce coats the back of a spoon.Add seasonings and fresh garlic. Turn off heat. Slowly add grated cheese whisking constantly.Remove from heat and set aside.
Assemble your alfredo chicken bake:
- Add chicken and cauliflower to a 9x13inch baking dish. Add alfredo sauce and combine.Add in herbs and seasonings if desired.Stir in cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for30 minutes. Broil top for color if desired. Let stand 15 minutes beforeserving.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.