Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake – Make it in 5 minutes
This recipe for a Keto Chocolate Mug Cake was originally done in 2017 back when Cjsketokitchen.com was just starting out.
We barely knew what we were doing, but we did know that we wanted to help people experience the success and passion we felt for the Keto diet and Keto Lifestyle.
A rich chocolate flavored mug cake studded with peanuts that is low carb and keto-friendly. This cake is rich and fudgy, with a warm peanut butter glaze and cooks in the microwave in less than a minutes.
One of the most common recipe requests I receive is for small batch desserts. Over the years, I’ve shared a few of my favorites.
In fact this recipe comes from our archives. We made this over 5 years ago, and I felt like it needed new life. A spring renewal if you will.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any special techniques and uses simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand.
This simple cake is perfect on its own, but I love to add a scoop of creamy warm peanut butter on top.
The simplest chocolate dessert yet incredibly moist, easy, and the best single-serving dessert out there (to share or not to share)
What is a mug cake?
I still seem to get this question a lot and a mug cake is literally as it sounds. A cake that is made in a mug!
It’s great because you don’t need to whip out a bunch of tools to make this simple mug cake.
Great for portion control, or those living alone.
CJ’S TEST FOLLOW UP:
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 12 oz Coffee Mug or ramekin
- 1 Egg yolk only
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 TB heavy cream or half and half
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chopped roasted peanuts
How To Make
- *Use your Mug to mix your ingredients.
- Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds
- Add your Erythritol to the melt butter and stir well
- Add your almond flour and coco powder
- Add your baking powder and vanilla extract (stir well). *Your mixture will resemble chocolate cookie crumbs. Add chopped nuts(optional).
- Add your egg into the dry ingredients, stir well until it looks like cake batter
- Add heavy cream for brownie texture, half and half for cake texture.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Increase time by 5 second intervals until just set.
- Optional: For a added twist we made a peanut butter drizzle.
- Place 1 tbsp of peanut butter in a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute, and then pour over your mug cake.
- Optional: For a added twist we made a peanut butter drizzle.Place 1 Tbsp of peanut in a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute, and then pour over your mug cake. Garnish with more chopped nuts if desired.Let cool, cut in half and serve as desired, with whip cream or a low carb fruit.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.
Leave a Reply